Line-Elf dilemma, Wrestle v Block

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Line-Elf dilemma, Wrestle v Block

Post by Smeborg »

I agree with dines. A WE Lino with Guard is a precious positional player, and I would never put one on the defensive LoS.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
cbbakke
Cupcake

Re: Line-Elf dilemma, Wrestle v Block

Post by cbbakke »

I think a lot of it is your play style for which is going to work better. So this is based on my style of play. I tend to spread out my spp with elves since they can all score. I think on my dark elf team right now I don't have many games in but I have 7 guys with 1 skilla nd I think only 1 or 2 with their 2nd skill. My game plan is not going to work as well for somebody who tends to stack their spp on a few players for the superstar effect.

With my teams elf teams in general I like to have
3 tackles
2-3 guards
2-3 dauntless
3 pass blocks

With needing doubles you kind of have to take the guards when you can get them. Which elf team you have makes a huge difference too. I like high elves or dark elves, on my dark elves I get dauntless on my two witch elves and with 4 blitzers I get it on one of them instead of lineman.

Generally I try to build 3 lineman with the purpose of withstanding the first round after a kick off so wrestle, fend, dodge. When I am not suffering from injuries I love if I can have 4 of these for if one gets knocked out.

After that I start filling out the rest of the teams needs and I would take block with them for hitting power.

Reason: ''