Side-Stepping a Frenzier

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Side-Stepping a Frenzier

Post by Aliboon »

Hello, what happens if I elect not to use side-step when being blocked by a frenzy player, can I use side-step on the 2nd block, or because I chose not to use it the 1st time, I can't use it the 2nd time?

Cheers

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Side-Stepping a Frenzier

Post by inkpwn »

I would say you can, it just says when your pushed back on a push result during a block and the second frenzy hit is still a block. Its like being hit twice during the same turn. You could elect to be pushed into an oponnents tackles zone not using side step and then use it on the second block.

Sorry if this is confusing I have just been standing in a room full of painters with spray cans and I am dizzy as all get out.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Well, theyre treated as seperate blocks, so i dont see why not.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

What he said.

Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

Aliboon wrote:Hello, what happens if I elect not to use side-step when being blocked by a frenzy player, can I use side-step on the 2nd block, or because I chose not to use it the 1st time, I can't use it the 2nd time?

Cheers
You can use it as and when you like, on both, either or neither of the blocks. I'm not sure, though, I can think of a time when both you and your opponent would both want your model pushed to the same place, so I'd always use it.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Ulthuan_Express wrote:
Aliboon wrote:Hello, what happens if I elect not to use side-step when being blocked by a frenzy player, can I use side-step on the 2nd block, or because I chose not to use it the 1st time, I can't use it the 2nd time?

Cheers
You can use it as and when you like, on both, either or neither of the blocks. I'm not sure, though, I can think of a time when both you and your opponent would both want your model pushed to the same place, so I'd always use it.
The only time I'd elect not to use Side Step is if there were no legal empty squares to push to and all chains were somehow desirable for me. Funny enough, I've been there at least once (there's only the one I remember, where it happened in a scrum and he had to chain into another SS'er, who got a free block on my turn). Not on a Frenzy block, though.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Oxynot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oxynot »

mattgslater wrote: The only time I'd elect not to use Side Step is if there were no legal empty squares to push to and all chains were somehow desirable for me. Funny enough, I've been there at least once (there's only the one I remember, where it happened in a scrum and he had to chain into another SS'er, who got a free block on my turn). Not on a Frenzy block, though.
Seems like all I can do nowadays is nitpick the rules. So here goes: You cannot elect to use Side Step if there are no legal empty squares adjacent to the player. Then it defaults to the normal pushback rules.

hpb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hpb »

I´m pretty sure he means "no legal empty squares" if he wouldn´t use sidestep.

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

that's when you get Fend

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup