AG+ on a HE Lino...

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

soranos
Rookie
Rookie

AG+ on a HE Lino...

Post by soranos »

...on a pretty new team.

Yes AG5 is great, but do you give it too a lino in a long running league. It is +40k on TV and I might be in danger of running out of los fodder. If he already had a skill, he would get the AG5, but I just feel he is too much of a target.

Reason: ''
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Re: AG+ on a HE Lino...

Post by daloonieshaman »

he is much better off with a skill
The temptation to take it because it is a stat increase is real
taking it is not realistic
You will divert him from what he should be doing into a player that will take spps from one of your positionals.

your call your team but it is gonna hurt when he is dead or injured

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
MeatLoafX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MeatLoafX »

I'd probably take it.

Look to wrestle and then leap as 2nd and 3rd skills, if he lives that long. It's a risk, but having a leaping 5AG blitzer would be great.

Listen to www.threedieblock.com - Your Blood Bowl Podcast
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

A Lineman whose even more manouvrable is a lineman who's better at being where you want him to be and if he eventually croaks it then he's dropped your tv 110k in the direction of Eldril. :) He's also an awesome switch play starter as he can lurk near the middle of the pitch an receive a pass/handoff on a 2 before shifting it to where it needs to be, whether that's through a 2 plus short pass or through dodging through a tacklezone on 2's.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

In my experience, a normal skill is much better. Keep +AG for the positional players.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
RogueThirteen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by RogueThirteen »

I'd say it depends on the rest of your team. If you don't have a lot of the other positional players hired yet, then I'd take the state increase. Being AG5 makes this linemen function as a flexible back-up thrower or receiver. He'll need to use team re-rolls for those roles, but at AG5 he's got a pretty good shot of pulling off even difficult passes or catches on the first roll. And, other teams might not expect your linemen to suddenly break free and catch a pass, so you can try and surprise defenses with it as well.

Even if he does become a target of the opponent's blocking and fouling, then all the better, as this lineman is now taking heat off of your more valuable positionals.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Depends on length of league. Anything like a medium to long term, this is gold dust for your team. A very short league might make Dodge a better choice.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Greedy_Snitch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Greedy_Snitch »

I'd say skip it and choose normal skill. First I was thinking that you could go for Leap next, but it seems like a dead end since the linemen have such low MA compared to the catchers and blitzers. I guess he will not be within scoring range that often.

/Greedy_Snitch