Goblin cheater questions.

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

B SIDE
Veteran
Veteran

Goblin cheater questions.

Post by B SIDE »

Listening to the Three Die Block podcast (Goblins 2.0), and staring at my Neomics Gobbo team, I got to wonderin'...

Can Fanatics use Multi-Block? Can they use Piling On?

If a Bombardier uses Safe Throw and rolls a 1 on a pass, does the bomb still explode?

Does a Chainsaw Loony get to use his weapon for a +3 on fouling actions? If so, can this be combined with Dirty Player? If a Loony is brought down with wrestle, does he have to make a armour roll?

What about Special Play Cards? If a player uses the Eclipse card to make all of his Goblins into... Goblins... then immediately scores, do Secret Weapon players still get ejected, or do they sneak off in the darkness as they no longer have the secret weapon skill?

Reason: ''
Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Goblin cheater questions.

Post by lunchmoney »

B SIDE wrote:Can Fanatics use Multi-Block?
I would say no, as the player is just making Move Actions and then throws a block if they move into an occupied square. MulBlock is part of a Block Action
B SIDE wrote:Can they use Piling On?
See above. PO can only be used during a Block or Blitz Action.

B SIDE wrote:If a Bombardier uses Safe Throw and rolls a 1 on a pass, does the bomb still explode?
Yes. Safe Throw states you still fumble to ball on a roll of 1 and bombs explode in the bombers square if fumbled.
B SIDE wrote:Does a Chainsaw Loony get to use his weapon for a +3 on fouling actions?
Yes, that's in the skill wording
B SIDE wrote: If so, can this be combined with Dirty Player?
Yes.
B SIDE wrote:If a Loony is brought down with wrestle, does he have to make a armour roll?
No. You only need to make AV rolls for the loony if he is Knocked Down. With Wrestle you are Placed Prone

B SIDE wrote:What about Special Play Cards? If a player uses the Eclipse card to make all of his Goblins into... Goblins... then immediately scores, do Secret Weapon players still get ejected, or do they sneak off in the darkness as they no longer have the secret weapon skill?
Not sure, but if it occured in my league I would say the Ref still sends them off. The Secret Weapon skill was still used on the drive

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

edited to remove my comment (though for a minute the looney was the B&C player).

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

mepmuff wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:B SIDE wrote:
If a Loony is brought down with wrestle, does he have to make a armour roll?
No. You only need to make AV rolls for the loony if he is Knocked Down. With Wrestle you are Placed Prone
Semi-correct. No armour roll, but you do roll straight for injury.
CRP B&C skill description wrote: If the player is ever Knocked Down or Placed Prone,
roll immediately for injury (no Armour roll is required). Stunned results for
any Injury rolls for the Ball & Chain player are always treated as KO’d.
Loony's have Chainsaw, not Ball&Chain.......

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

lunchmoney wrote:Loony's have chainsaw, not Ball&Chain.......
d'Oh :oops:

edited my post above to prevent further confusion.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

lunchmoney wrote:
B SIDE wrote:If a Bombardier uses Safe Throw and rolls a 1 on a pass, does the bomb still explode?
Yes. Safe Throw states you still fumble to ball on a roll of 1 and bombs explode in the bombers square if fumbled.
What if he rolls a modified 1 instead of a natural 1? It's not technically a fumble with safe throw. Although why you would take Safe Throw is another matter, with Pass, Accurate and Hail Mary Pass on offer.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Gerard wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:
What if he rolls a modified 1 instead of a natural 1? It's not technically a fumble with safe throw. Although why you would take Safe Throw is another matter, with Pass, Accurate and Hail Mary Pass on offer.
I think you answered your own question there. Only a natural 1 is a fumble. Basically apply the Safe Throw rule. Did he fumble? yes, boom. No, no boom.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

Well if a safe throw player rolls a modified 1 he still holds the ball, which IMO would mean the bomb would blow him up.

Wanchor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wanchor »

Yeah...actually, that's a pretty good point. I guess the argument could be made that he extinguishes the fuse or something, but otherwise, Safe Throw would be basically useless.

B SIDE
Veteran
Veteran

Post by B SIDE »

Daht wrote:Well if a safe throw player rolls a modified 1 he still holds the ball, which IMO would mean the bomb would blow him up.
But the text of safe throw says he does not suffer a fumble on anything other than a natural 1. So on a 1, fumble and BOOM! On a modified 1, goblin thinks better of making a difficult throw, doesn't light the fuse or try the pass, so no boom.

Chosen Warrior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chosen Warrior »

Even if he could use it, would you really want Piling On on your fanatic? They get KO'd automatically if/when they hit the ground :lol:

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

It helps to read the rules sometimes...
if this player fumbles a pass of a ball (not a bomb or team-mate) on any roll other than a natural 1, he manages to keep hold of the ball instead of suffering a fumble and the team does not suffer a turnover.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
B SIDE
Veteran
Veteran

Post by B SIDE »

Another look at the text of safe throw does answer that question adequately. I blame the tiny little text on my PDF.

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

B SIDE wrote: What about Special Play Cards? If a player uses the Eclipse card to make all of his Goblins into... Goblins... then immediately scores, do Secret Weapon players still get ejected, or do they sneak off in the darkness as they no longer have the secret weapon skill?
I would say that they are not sent off. The skill comes in to effect when the drive ends so if there are no players with Secret Weapons at the end of a drive then no one is sent off.

Praise Nuffle!
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

duckwing wrote:
B SIDE wrote: What about Special Play Cards? If a player uses the Eclipse card to make all of his Goblins into... Goblins... then immediately scores, do Secret Weapon players still get ejected, or do they sneak off in the darkness as they no longer have the secret weapon skill?
I would say that they are not sent off. The skill comes in to effect when the drive ends so if there are no players with Secret Weapons at the end of a drive then no one is sent off.
Nice try they are booted. Any part of the drive. Hence a koed b&c

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup