Jump up/Bombardier

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Jump up/Bombardier

Post by dode74 »

My understanding is that if a bombardier has jump up then that does not mean that if he is prone he can use JU then throw a bomb. It's still standing up, whether using JU or not.
Jump Up (Agility)
A player with this skill is able to quickly get back into the game. If the player declares any Action other than a Block Action he may stand up for free without paying the three squares of movement.
Bombardier (Extraordinary)
...The bomb is thrown using the rules for throwing the ball (including weather effects and HMP), except that the player may not move or stand up before throwing it (he needs time to light the fuse!)...
Is this correct?

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Jump up/Bombardier

Post by lunchmoney »

Having seen the arguement brew up on cynaide's boards, I thought someone might come here and ask :)

My search-fu fails me also, but I'm pretty sure this has been hashed out before.
You are right. Jump Up cannot be used if you want to throw a bomb. As you highlighted, the Bomber must be standing first.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Jump up/Bombardier

Post by dode74 »

My knife-monkey search-fu is stronger than your leaping slann style ;)

Thanks for the pointer :D