Does stab and multiple block stack?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Does stab and multiple block stack?

Post by Steam Ball »

Frenzysomething.

Reason: ''
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Cat, meet pigeons.

Hypothetically, are you allowed to have frenzy and multiple block and stab on the same character?

If so, could the player declare a block, choose the push die, then follow up (frenzied, remember), THEN choose to stab instead of the second frenzy block action?

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

you can
they will not all work together
I would have to get out the book to look at the matchups

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

CRP Multiple Block Description: ...The player cannot follow up either block when using this skill, so Multiple Block can be used instead of Frenzy, but both skills cannot be used together...

IIRC, the only player who could get Stab and Frenzy (without cards being involved) is the DE Assassin and the rules don't forbid it (unlike Chainsaw which expresssly says it cannot be used with Frenzy/Multiple Block). However putting Frenzy on the Assassin so you can get an extra block before stabbing does not sound to me to be 'playing the percentages'.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Ah, my bad for typing wrongly.

I meant to ask:
Player with all three skills blocks am opponent (with ST assist), chooses push result, follows up because he is frenzied, then finds himself next to two opponents and chooses to multi block stab both of them.

Possible or not?

I guess it boils down to whether or not a frenzied assassin HAS to choose to throw the second block and not stab.....

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I think the rules text is pretty clear Multiple Block can be used instead of Frenzy, but both skills cannot be used together

Furthermore, as I understand it you have to choose Multiple Block at the start of the action so once you get to that second block you cannot choose to then use Multiple Block.

Edit: Following up the other half of the question; I don't think there is anything to stop a Frenzied Assassin throwing a normal block and then stabbing but he must follow the other requirements in the skills text, must be against same opponant as first (normal) block, if it is a blitz he cannot then more further.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

You cannot block with Frenzy, follow-up and then use Multiple Block to stab twice. The rule do not allow you to use both skills (Frenzy and Multiple Block) on the same turn.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Eruletho
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eruletho »

Not to mention, from Multiple Block: "at the start of a Block Action a player who is adjacent to at least two opponents may choose..." (emphasis mine)
If a player frenzies into another player due to blocking him and then following up, he is no longer at the start of his block action. You would have to declare this at the start of your action, and once declared, the skill also reads "The player can not follow up either block when using this skill." Thus, not only is it simply disallowed by another sentence of the Multiple Block skill, but the mechanics don't allow it either.

Also, from Frenzy: "...the player must immediately throw a second block against the same opponent so long as they are both still standing and adjacent." (emphasis CRP's) meaning that you couldn't block (or stab) a different opponent.

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

2 angeles
Stab part of a blitz action cannot move further
so
if you Block - Frenzy stab are you forced to stop or do you make the second block
and
if you Frenzy Block can you change back and forth between stab and Block (stab first Block second - Block first stab second)

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Eruletho
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eruletho »

If you Block - Frenzy stab you won't be able to throw the second block at all, based on the following wording from frenzy: "If a 'Pushed' or 'Defender Stumbles' result was chosen, the player must immediately throw a second block against the same opponent so long as they are both still standing and adjacent." If you stab first, you will not get a pushed/defender stumbles result and you will lose your second block.

As for the second question, the first part is identical to the above situation, and accordingly the response applies. I honestly don't see anything that prevents you from blocking first, getting a push, then taking a stab on the second block. Frenzy gives you a second free block, and stab can replace a block with a stab. Stab doesn't reference a Block action, just a block, which is all frenzy gives you.