When do you have to announce the use of Diving Tackle?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: When do you have to announce the use of Diving Tackle?

Post by dode74 »

Do you not give them a team sheet?

Reason: ''
Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

Absolutely, but when you're playing a 220TV team vs a 240TV team, nobody is going to remember everything, especially with a timer ticking. The game isn't a memory test, it's a strategy game. Be upfront with your opponent and you'll both feel better about the game at the end, no matter who wins. My least enjoyable games of Blood Bowl are the ones where my opponent springs something on me after the fact and then awkwardly laughs it off like he just outsmarted me. Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth about the entire game.

On the other hand, when I've gone out of my way to make sure my opponent has all the information and he does the same, it creates a great atmosphere where everyone is being a good sport and it comes down to strategy and dice luck. I can lose that game and still enjoy it. And if I beat my opponent, I do so without feeling like a douche because he forgot about one of my 28 different skills he's supposed to somehow keep track of.

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Fair enough. Most games tend not to take place at that high a TV though, which is why I asked. Many people use rings to denote particular players as much for themselves as their opponents, but I can see that not working at high TV.

I agree that it is more enjoyable to win fairly (to any definition of the word "fairly" within Blood Bowl :orc: )

Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

True enough - maybe because of the long running leagues around here we've developed this habit. Thunderbowl and Rat City each have 30+ player leagues that run teams for multiple years before retiring. High TV games are the norm.

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Agree 100% with Khail.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead