Does certain races evolve into unbeatable?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Does certain races evolve into unbeatable?

Post by theghr »

We are thinking to start letting our teams evolve through the time and tournaments, but will this only make some teams unbeatable when skills and traits have been added to it's almost maximum?

Reason: ''
Goldbaek is my hero
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Re: Does certain races evolve into unbeatable?

Post by daloonieshaman »

2 things make a team unbeatable
Coach
Dice

the skills ect just make it a different game, maxed dwarves v/s maxed Orcs, business as usual (some cool plays but otherwise humdum)

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

All right sounds good.

Goldbaek is my hero
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

If you're concerned about it then an option would be to reduce spiralling expenses and perhaps introduce a bank rule (e.g. first 150k in the treasury is free and after that it counts towards TV).

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Some teams are much stronger at higher TV's whilst others really struggle.

But no matter how good a team is at high TV they will still go through good and bad periods. The inducement system is a pretty good leveller and in fact a team with 16 legends and 8 re-rolls would have a massive TV and be hugely bloated so likely struggle against a more efficient version with a wide array of inducements to pick from.

Plenty of players quickly run out of decent skill choices so sometimes you are actually better off sacking a skilled player and replacing him with a rookie.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

There are some interesting stats from FUMBBL blackbox with Woodies & Dark Elves winning more than 60% of their games at high TV. It may be that those teams get very hard to beat in an individual game - but eventually have a bad game which nerfs the team.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Nothing is unbeatable, but Chaos after a while, or any of the elves, can basically do everything, which makes them plain better in the long-run planning.

Especially elves is easy mode, because a few doubles gives you equal bash options as the in-betweeners like Humans or Norse.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Juriel wrote:Nothing is unbeatable, but Chaos after a while, or any of the elves, can basically do everything, which makes them plain better in the long-run planning.

Especially elves is easy mode, because a few doubles gives you equal bash options as the in-betweeners like Humans or Norse.
In my experience, any of the 4 Elven teams become very strong once they get plentiful Guard (tabletop). No team is unbeatable, but such teams are close to unbeatable as I have had. But I observe that many different races (one third or more of available teams) can top leagues and get outstanding results in the hands of a good coach.

Smeborg the Fleshless
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

There are some interesting stats from FUMBBL blackbox with Woodies & Dark Elves winning more than 60% of their games at high TV. It may be that those teams get very hard to beat in an individual game - but eventually have a bad game which nerfs the team.
Does anyone have a list to these "FUMBBL blackbox "-stats? It annoys me heavily that when we're playing for multiple trophies during the year some teams become at a very clear advantage.

Goldbaek is my hero
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I have a record every CRP game played on FUMBBL up until October, I think. What is it you want?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

No.

(I have not read anything in this thread, only the title).

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

I have a record every CRP game played on FUMBBL up until October, I think. What is it you want?
And this includes games where teams have evolved through longer times? Then yes please. :) I'm thinking about tinkering with players starter stats to solve the problem, otherwise it's like two people playing chess only whilst ones queen moves like a farmer, the other guys king escapes like a queen. Dont get me wrong, i dont like chess, but anyhow... :)

Goldbaek is my hero
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

You probably want to read all the work Plasmoid and others have put into the Narrowing the Tiers concept. That's got a lot of supporting material about the relative performance of the races plus a complete set of house rules to try and make them more even.

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

You probably want to read all the work Plasmoid and others have put into the Narrowing the Tiers concept. That's got a lot of supporting material about the relative performance of the races plus a complete set of house rules to try and make them more even.
I did that just now. I have a question about the FUMBBL win ratios. Cant seem to quote on TFF but the list with different teams win ratios. What is it based on? Single tournament evolvement? Are for example some elf teams gonna be even more dominant if one allows for evolvements through all time?

Goldbaek is my hero
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

The FUMBBL stats that JimmyFantastic put up? I believe they are FUMBBL black box (perpertual TV MM league). The % is the win percentage too, rather than a record - so just percentage of games that are won, not wins + draws / 2. Which makes the 60+% figures very very good.

My understanding is that the reason for that is that a lot of the higher TV elven teams get parked and only come out to play for tournaments, and consequentially the proportion of games against elven teams is low and hence bashier teams tend to develop towards anti-bash rather than anti-flair - making the win rate higher for flair teams.