Chainsaw and Mighty Blow

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

burk
Rookie
Rookie

Chainsaw and Mighty Blow

Post by burk »

So odd rules question, We all know that Chainsaw cannot be used with MB by the same player. But what about A chainsaw player being knocked down by a player with MB? Chainsaw has the +3 for falling, but can the other player use MB also? He is not using the chainsaw skill, so is not violating the rule of using them together?

Reason: ''
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Chainsaw and Mighty Blow

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Last time I faced Goblins, we ruled that MB did affect a downed Loony since, as you say, the 'give opponents +3 on their armour roll vs you' rule does not conflict in any way with said opponents use of his own skills, including MB.

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Chainsaw and Mighty Blow

Post by landrover »

Hell yes! Anything to get those idiots off the pitch.

On a fluff note, the chainsaw guest the looney, and the attacker with MB gets to put his pennyworth in as well.

So yes, they stack.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
burk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by burk »

I agree, but wanted some more opinions as a newer player (only 2 years) was disagreing with room full of players (4 of which have 15 years+ under our belts).

If anyone feels different, please let me know.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

burk wrote:So odd rules question, We all know that Chainsaw cannot be used with MB by the same player.
I can think of a time when it can: when the opposing player is knocked down on his own block (e.g. attacker down result) and the chainsaw has MB as a doubles pick. In that instance the blocking player will add 3 to his armour roll for the chainsaw, with the option to use MB if the chainsaw player has it. Obscure? Certainly. Worthwhile as a skill pick? God no!
But what about A chainsaw player being knocked down by a player with MB? Chainsaw has the +3 for falling, but can the other player use MB also? He is not using the chainsaw skill, so is not violating the rule of using them together?
For the same reason as above, you can use both. +3 to the armour roll for falling, with the option to use MB because the player is blocked.

I'm assuming you mean Mighty Blow and not Multiple Block, of course ;)

burk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by burk »

Yes mighty blow.

My friend is pointing to BB Legendary edition patch notes saying that MB and Chainsaw do not stack as his arguement.....and I agree, they cannot stack on the same player. But in this case player 1 uses chainsaw and player 2 uses MB.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

LE patch notes are not a good source. MB and chainsaw can stack in the circumstance I gave. The reason they don't usually is that a chainsaw never blocks, and MB is used when blocking (or being blocked).

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Mighty Blow rule states that:
"Mighty Blow cannot be used with the Stab or Chainsaw skills."
Actually, the Chainsaw-wielding player uses it to hurt opponents, Mighty Blow in my opinion should not be added, only the +3 of the Chainsaw.

burk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by burk »

In this cause MB is not being used with chainsaw, as each separate player is using it, not one player combining it. is there any FAQ out there? Seems to me page 23 covers it with abilities/skills can stack.

van der vaart
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by van der vaart »

Lets hope you dont have to use mighty blow anyway, at least not to break armour, which is what you get the plus 3 for :)

Commish of the Geelong And Regions Blood Bowl League;GARBBL!
Check us out at http://geelong.bloodbowlleague.com or Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/GARBBL
I have a blog! http://nubs11.blog.com/
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

MattDakka wrote:Mighty Blow rule states that:
"Mighty Blow cannot be used with the Stab or Chainsaw skills."
Actually, the Chainsaw-wielding player uses it to hurt opponents, Mighty Blow in my opinion should not be added, only the +3 of the Chainsaw.
You know, I missed that bit as I was reading the Chainsaw rules which only refer to Multiblock and Fend. My mistake.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Ive always played +3 for chainsaw, +1 from my opponents player if needed (assuming he has MB) if not then +1 to injury!! If the stupid goblin get himself hit then lets be honest he deserves it!!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

glowworm wrote:Ive always played +3 for chainsaw, +1 from my opponents player if needed (assuming he has MB) if not then +1 to injury!! If the stupid goblin get himself hit then lets be honest he deserves it!!
Wether it's right or not, this is how I've always done it :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

lunchmoney wrote:
glowworm wrote:Ive always played +3 for chainsaw, +1 from my opponents player if needed (assuming he has MB) if not then +1 to injury!! If the stupid goblin get himself hit then lets be honest he deserves it!!
Wether it's right or not, this is how I've always done it :)
It may not be right....but come on people its the funniest!! :lol:

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

If the chain saw guy is blocked and goes down then it gets +3AV by the saw and +1 by the blocking player who is not using the saw.

The otherway around... no, Saw only.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)