Cyanide Optional Skills settings

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

fitch-face
Experienced
Experienced

Cyanide Optional Skills settings

Post by fitch-face »

I recently realised that my piling on players were sometimes re-rolling injuries or KO's which was becoming pretty annoying. So I did a quick search on TFF and realised that I hadn't changed my Optional Skills settings.
I've now got it so that the program asks me before using Piling On or Diving Tackle. Have I missed any other skills that could be potentially detrimental if kept on automatic mode?

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did have a brief search through older topics to no avail.

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Cyanide Optional Skills settings

Post by dode74 »

I use "ask all".

fitch-face
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fitch-face »

Does it not then ask if you want to use stuff like Mighty Blow? Because the game does a good job of working out things like Mighty Blow by itself and it makes the game flow better if I only have it ask me the ones I actually need to be asked.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

No. Some skills don't even have an ask setting, like kick, which is HIGHLY annoying. Press the button and you can see what does ask. Ask all flows pretty well though. You can always turn them on and off mid-game by pressing the player card (bottom right) or on the block dice screen - click the ticks to turn them to orange or red crosses (off this once or off for good).

fitch-face
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fitch-face »

Thanks very much, this was really helpful.

Javelin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Javelin »

I realize this is a pretty old thread, but its still relevant.

The biggest problem with ask-all is the block skill. I can't think of when you would want to turn it off (unless you have a guy with block AND wrestle and want to choose between them maybe), and if you have it on "ask" then it will ask you on every block you do. This is okay on offense, but it's a pain on defense. And its really a pain on defense for your opponent if you aren't paying attention, as he has to sit there and wait for you to decide to choose to use block!

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Doesn't work like that. When the block dialogue comes up the skills are there and selected on (green tick) by default. You can switch it off by clicking the tick but otherwise click OK for it to be used.