Mandatory skills

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

gcclaudio
Rookie
Rookie

Mandatory skills

Post by gcclaudio »

I read in a previous post that Extraordinary skills should be considered mandatory, and i agree that if a goblin coach says to me "my goblin will not use it's Stunty skill", then there's a problem.

But what about the mutation skill?
I can be happy if a necro coach tells me "my wolf will not use his Claw skill", but if a nurgle coach tells "i'm passing so my warriors turns off the D.P. skill" again there's a problem.

I think that extraordinary and mutation skills should be considered mandatory as the represent something that a player is or has become, while others skills can be imagined as something the player has learned

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Mandatory skills

Post by dode74 »

Well they're not ;)

I can easily imagine a wolf blocking without using claws (think shoulder barges), or a DP player not "making his presence felt". It also creates issues with skills like tentacles and big hand (you could just use the other one).

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Mandatory skills

Post by Darkson »

Let the Nurgle coach turn off DP, makes it easier for you to intercept, and DP has no effect on his own players, just the opposistion.

But per the rules (p.23 of book, p.19 of PDF, #4), unless mentioned "skill use is not mandatory". Frenzy says in it's description it must be used, DP or Claw do not, so can be "turned off".

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.