Why was Multiple Block nerfed?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

macabeo
Rookie
Rookie

Why was Multiple Block nerfed?

Post by macabeo »

I learnt how to play under LRB4, but I only played a few games and when I came back to BB it was already LRB6. Could someone explain me why Multiple Block was nerfed? Was it too good in LRB4 because it could be used on a blitz? I think that being usable on a blitz adds another tactical option, and also as it is now it is more often than not a waste of a skill.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Why was Multiple Block nerfed?

Post by Darkson »

To good, caused to many problems with skill interactions and in keeping with other things, made simpler.

Not sure why you think it's a waste of a skill though. For a Big Guy, especially ones that won't Blitz often, it's a great skill. One assist, and 2 2D blocks a turn (or even without the assist for Trees).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Darkson wrote:To good, caused to many problems with skill interactions and in keeping with other things, made simpler.

Not sure why you think it's a waste of a skill though. For a Big Guy, especially ones that won't Blitz often, it's a great skill. One assist, and 2 2D blocks a turn (or even without the assist for Trees).
It's not great on Big Guys....it requires them having moved two players next to your big guy, at which point, you probably don't want to activate him in case he rolls a bonehead and frees both guys up.

That said, I think it's because of the fact you can use Dauntless on it now more easily. Players like Troll Slayers become very good if they can dauntless 2d blitz 2 players at once with only one guard assist.

macabeo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by macabeo »

Oh, I see. Wouldn't it have made more sense to not allow the use of Dauntless combined with it, as it happens now with Frenzy? Although I can see many players disliking the idea.

Also now that I think about it, its interaction with Wrestle might be problematic if it was a single roll for both players (the three players go down? what if the one using Wrestle is a defender?).

And I'm with Hitoganashi regarding the usefulness of the skill for most BGs. Maybe useful for Treemen, but that's pretty much it, other BGs have better choices.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Hitonagashi wrote:It's not great on Big Guys....it requires them having moved two players next to your big guy, at which point, you probably don't want to activate him in case he rolls a bonehead and frees both guys up.
That depends on what you consider a "Big Guy". Mummies & TG use Multiple Block quite effectively. I guess they would be considered a +ST blocker type though.

keggiemckill
Rookie
Rookie

Post by keggiemckill »

burgun824 wrote:
Hitonagashi wrote:It's not great on Big Guys....it requires them having moved two players next to your big guy, at which point, you probably don't want to activate him in case he rolls a bonehead and frees both guys up.
That depends on what you consider a "Big Guy". Mummies & TG use Multiple Block quite effectively. I guess they would be considered a +ST blocker type though.
Multiple Block Works great for Treemen. I would advise combining the skill with Grab. You cant follow up a Multi, so Grab keeps them in you tackle zone. Its a good skill for tactical hitting. I have thought about it for a Dwarf Blocker. It is a fine skill when he surrounded by his own guard players. Yes, not always used, but it can be effective.

The drunker I get, the more I spill!