Passing rules query

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Collywobbler
Rookie
Rookie

Passing rules query

Post by Collywobbler »

Hello there,

I heard recently on a podcast about pasing the ball down field, to an empty square ? described as the equivalent of 'punting' . Is this legal ? it hadn't even occurred to me that you could do this. Haven't played for a few years though, so maybe it is ?

seems it could be a great tactic for a fast team, or even to get the ball away simply to deny your opponent a scoring chance if you are pretty much out of time to do it yourself ?

looking forward to hearing.....
:)

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Passing rules query

Post by Darkson »

Yes it's allowed.
Also useful for Diving Catch.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Yes, it's perfectly legal, and can be a good tactic.

Some teams make more use of it than others. I find myself doing it quite a lot when I play Dark Elves, and I do it sometimes with Slann. I also think about using it against slow and clumsy teams (Khemri are favourites) on the basis that I will win the race to the ball (or they will fail to do anything useful with it).

In the US this tactic is known as a punt, where I have played it is called a B/S pass.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Yep, there used to be an article on the GW website describing doing it, then chasing down the pitch for the score as a "Darkside Slide".

I don't know what happened to that article, but it was a good one if you ever get a chance to read it.

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

used it at spike against a khemri or dwarf team. was hilarious to see them try to get back for the ball