Animosity + pass in an empty square

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Re:

Post by Aino »

Shteve0 wrote:Tom - that still feels very situational, and there may equally well be times where you don't want the turnover (so the 2+,2+ would be favourable over a 3+ in that only 5 results in 36 cause a turnover without a reroll). There's not enough of a benefit over comparable skills, for me, to see it as a good pick or even synergistic... Id personally rather take Pro for the animosity player instead, and leader on a marauder. Just my two cents :)
Keep those ideas coming, I'm playing pact in my next league ;)

Reason: ''
Fighting signature size creep ;)
fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Re:

Post by fidius »

Shteve0 wrote:Tom - that still feels very situational, and there may equally well be times where you don't want the turnover (so the 2+,2+ would be favourable over a 3+ in that only 5 results in 36 cause a turnover without a reroll). There's not enough of a benefit over comparable skills, for me, to see it as a good pick or even synergistic... Id personally rather take Pro for the animosity player instead, and leader on a marauder. Just my two cents :)
If the comparison is between a receiver with Extra Arms vs Diving Catch, then it should be 2+/2+ versus 4+, since the empty-square Diving Catch attempt is not considered accurate. The DC work-around is really only useful to AG5 (or AG4+XArms) receivers. But then if you've got a +AG Marauder, you're using him to pass in the first place, since he's got P and no Animosity...

Hilarious that Chaos Marauders are more open-minded than Dark Elves and Skaven. :)

kk
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Re:

Post by kk »

fidius wrote:since the empty-square Diving Catch attempt is not considered accurate.
Why not?

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

kk wrote:
fidius wrote:since the empty-square Diving Catch attempt is not considered accurate.
Why not?
Because diving catch says: " The player may add 1 to any catch roll from an accurate pass targeted to his square."

kk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kk »

Rolex wrote:
kk wrote:
Why not?
Because diving catch says: " The player may add 1 to any catch roll from an accurate pass targeted to his square."
Says also: "...can attempt to catch any pass .. that would land in an empty square in one of his tackle zones as if it has landed in his own square...".

So if the pass was targeted at the empty square you should get the +1 bonus to catch for accurate pass, but not the additional +1 bonus for Diving Catch. AG3 player would catch the ball on 3+ then right?

feeder
Experienced
Experienced
Location: Hatching a dastardly plan, like a bird with a dastardly egg.

Post by feeder »

kk wrote:Says also: "...can attempt to catch any pass .. that would land in an empty square in one of his tackle zones as if it has landed in his own square...".

So if the pass was targeted at the empty square you should get the +1 bonus to catch for accurate pass, but not the additional +1 bonus for Diving Catch. AG3 player would catch the ball on 3+ then right?
That's right. That's how I read it.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Animosity + pass in an empty square

Post by Darkson »

kk is correct. If the pass to the empty square is accurate the DC player will catch with the +1 bonus.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Buck's
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Buck's »

How can you determinate race of a star player ? (Do goblin can pass to Boomer Morvonez without roll animosity ?)

Do you think goblin and troll or orque are of the same race? (Do goblin can pass to Troll without roll animosity ? Do goblin can pass to Ugroth Tranchegrots without roll animosity ?)

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

Star players technically have no race. Animosity applies to all of them.

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Re:

Post by landrover »

Are you qualified to use big words like that Steve? :wink:

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.