Animosity skill clarification ?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BiBi
Rookie
Rookie

Animosity skill clarification ?

Post by BiBi »

Here's animosity as written in CRP

"A player with this skill does not like players from his team that are a different race than he is and will often refuse to play with them despite the coach's orders. If this player at the end of his Hand-off or Pass Action attempts to hand-off or pass the ball to a team-mate that is not the same race as the Animosity player, roll a D6. On a 2+, the pass/hand-off is carried out as normal. On a 1, the player refuses to give the ball to any team-mate except one of his own race. The coach may choose to change the target of the pass/hand-off to another team-mate of the same race as the Animosity player, however no more movement is allowed for the Animosity player, so the current Action may be lost for the turn."

Wouldn't it be nicer with this tiny change ?

"A player with this skill does not like players from his team that are a different race than he is and will often refuse to play with them despite the coach's orders. If this player at the end of his Hand-off or Pass Action movement attempts to hand-off or pass the ball to a team-mate that is not the same race as the Animosity player, roll a D6. On a 2+, the pass/hand-off is carried out as normal. On a 1, the player refuses to give the ball to any team-mate except one of his own race. The coach may choose to change the target of the pass/hand-off to another team-mate of the same race as the Animosity player, however no more movement is allowed for the Animosity player, so the current Action may be lost for the turn."

Even if it's quite obvious that you don't roll for Animosity after the pass is made/resolved, I believe this simple word could prevent misunderstanding.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Animosity skill clarification ?

Post by GalakStarscraper »

What if I don't move. Then you would have folks that think your rewording means that if I don't move at all before I Pass that I don't have to roll. The biggest trick with rule-writing I found when I was writing the rules for things like Animosity was to try and think of all the ways someone could misunderstand something.

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers