Special Play Card / Ball Clone - Endzone problem...

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

ssb

Special Play Card / Ball Clone - Endzone problem...

Post by ssb »

Special play card : Miscellaneous Mayhem deck (50k):
LRB5 wrote:BALL CLONE : The random chaos of Tzeentch has affected the ball. Play after your turn has ended or your kick-off to an opponent is resolved, but before your opponent's turn begins. If the ball is on the ground, a 2nd ball materializes in the square and one of them is bounced from it. The first player that crosses into the end zone with one of the balls rolls a D6. On a 1-3, the ball vanishes and a touchdown is not scored. This effect ends when a drive ends. Players may not pick-up, catch, or intercept a ball if they already are carrying one. A ball bouncing into the square with the other ball will bounce again.
There has been a controversy in our league.
I am sure there is no misunderstanding in this card though.
But, as a fair personn, I will ask the question with no influence...

Player A uses the card against Player B.
Player B picks up both balls and brings one of them in his OWN ENDZONE ?

Do you roll a dice to determine if the ball vanishes ?

Galak, if you are around, your opinion would be valued ! :)

Reason: ''
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Special Play Card / Ball Clone - Endzone problem...

Post by Fassbinder75 »

As read, I believe you would roll even if the use of "the end zone" singular clearly implies the opposition's. Card needs errata to state "opposing end zone" to perform as intended.

As it stands I don't think it's useless - if someone wants to back up into their own end zone that's generally useful on D.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Opposing endzone is legally implied by saying that a TD is not scored (which would be impossible in your own endzone). So no ... carrying the ball into your own endzone does not cause the roll. So the text about what happens makes it clear that the opposing is there even if not appearing visually.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
ssb

Post by ssb »

Thanks a lot ! :)