Question about Pro

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Prowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Prowler »

If i fail to use Pro(I roll 1,2 or 3) may i use a team re-roll so re roll the original dice roll (not the pro roll)

many rolls... :wink:

Reason: ''
[b]Against us all.[/b]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

No. DZ p12.
"On a roll of 1, 2, or 3 the original result stands and may <i>not</i> be re-rolled with a skill or team re-roll."

Prowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Prowler »

Thanks

[b]Against us all.[/b]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

No prob. Anyway, should you be posting that question on the <i>Skills</i> Questions forum? Pro is a <i>trait</i>! :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwing on 2001-07-01 12:36 ]</font>

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Just for the record, that last post was made before the name changed, OK? :wink:

Prowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Prowler »

On 2001-07-02 00:44, Deathwing wrote:
Just for the record, that last post was made before the name changed, OK? :wink:
Yeah yeah, we belive you... :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prowler on 2001-07-02 07:12 ]</font>

Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

If you are very desperate you can use a team reroll to reroll the result of the Pro skill.
Not the brighest of things to do, but i once found out that i should have used the normal reroll the hard way. Fortunately the reroll on the pro paid off. :)

Regards
Piepgrass

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.
SixFootDwarf
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SixFootDwarf »

Actually Piep I dunno if that's allowed....using a re-roll to re-roll a pro roll. I'm not positive, mind you, but it would make sense.

There's a few things like that in our league that you just can't re-roll:

1. pro rolls-trying to re-roll a roll that'll give you a re-roll...ugh. A tad beardy
2. apothecary rolls-the doc only gets one shot
3. Safe Throw rolls-if you could re-roll it, there would never be an interception.
4. you can't use Pro to re-roll stupidity or bone-head.

The Bible (aka the rulebook) says re-rolls can be used to re-roll an action carried out by a player. I dunno if using a skill technically counts as an "action". Maybe Chet'll know.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

SixFootDwarf wrote:The Bible (aka the rulebook) says re-rolls can be used to re-roll an action carried out by a player. I dunno if using a skill technically counts as an "action". Maybe Chet'll know.

Top marks to 6FD.....A++

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

There are a couple different ideas behind "action," just as there are a couple different ideas behind the concept of "level" in D&D. Yes, you can use Pro to re-roll any one die roll made by your player except an armor or injury roll. I'll see about getting this cleared up in the future.

Oh - if you want Safe Throw to be a bit less certain, make it a 4+ roll instead of a 2+ roll. That still gives it bite, but means that even with a re-roll it's got a decent chance to fail. (And you won't always have a re-roll available.)

Cheers!

-Chet

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Just as a matter of interest, would anyone else support this:

Pro may not be taken by a player with fewer than 31 SPPs.
(3rd SP roll).

These guys are meant to be fairly rare. The skill is meant to represent veteran cunning after all.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I don't think its necessary to limit Pro to 31 Spps. Now it can't be used to reroll armour/injury I haven't seen it taken to much. I suspect Big Guys may want it, but otherwise there are generally more useful 1st & 2nd skills.

Unless your league is seeing pro frequently taken as a 1st skill I can't really see what the problem is.

Ian

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

its the next skill on the list for my Slayers: rerolling those failed Dauntless rolls could be crucial.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Hey Chet ... clarification is needed on this one.

I was sure I had read somewhere that current thought was that you COULD use a team re-roll to reroll a failed Pro roll (ie the 4+ roll). Now if you were willing to do this in the first place you should have burnt the reroll on the original roll ... understood. But I swear I remember reading that nothing prevents you from re-rolling Pro ... if not like to add an more official verdict to my mental notebook.

Galak

SixFootDwarf
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SixFootDwarf »

Exactly, Thad. Pro on the Slayers comes SO in handy. Both of my MB, Piling On, Tackling Slayers have Pro too...just for the "what-ifs". If you get 2 straight push backs but don't wanna burn a re-roll on something so trivial, Pro it. If you fail, no sweat. If not, it's Hammer Time!! :D I generally only Dauntless a guy if I have the assist(s) to make it a 2 dice block afterwards. So if I fail the Dauntless it's still only a 1 dice hit instead of 2 his choice.