Claw and RSC

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Claw and RSC

Post by GenoNBBL »

Hi guys,

Quick question, I have a Beastmen who has gotten himself a Claw, now if I roll a double can I give him RSC's and combine it with Claw giving me +2 to armour and injury?

Thanks,

Geno

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Yep, but note that if you do then Mighty Blow would be redundant. If you don't get a double next time around, I'd consider MB anyway. +2 to armour and +1 to injury will make a casualty machine without needing a claw. Be nice though! :)

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Sounds like a good idea! The Beatmen in question has a rather interesting background actually (well for me anyway :wink: )

He played 6 games over the course of our first season and earned 0 SPP's. Then in the final's he scored the opening touchdown, a casualty and an MVP! As his first roll it was a double so I gave him a claw as a gift from Slaanesh for securing the first down and winning the game (it was 2-0 in the end). Then in the 2 games after that (the begining of our Chaos Cup) he's managed to score 2 TD's and 3 Casualties, all thanks to the Claw! So last game he got his second advancement which I was hoping would be a double, but sadly not. So I gave him block. He's quite a good blitzing machine now with Horns, Claw and Block but if his next roll isn't a double I'll definatly give him Mighty Blow!

Thanks for the suggestion and clarification.

Geno

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Hmm how about something like Very Long Legs? You've already got enough killing power with Horns and Claw, the extra distance might be cool and would make a scary backfielder!

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

it nedds block and takle (may be strip ball) and then he will be a nightmare :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Give him Tackle on a normal roll, Dauntless on doubles.

With Tackle, Block, Claw, and Horns, he'll tear through any Elf-y type he can lay two dice on.

With Dauntless, Block, Claw, and Horns, he'll menace anything ST4 or higher with their tin-can AV. And he'll make life nasty for AV8 Rat Ogres and Minotaurs!

-Chet

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

this is how i evolve my Storm Vermine, one for the doge race (with block, tacle, MB or something like that :)
and one with dauntless,block,MB or something like that :)

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I'm sure folk have gathered by now that I don't have a lot of time for chaos teams that are built for gratuitous killing, but it has to be said that if you have a Claw Beastman and you roll a double for a skill, there really is not a damn thing you can get him that's better than RSF. The skills compliment each other perfectly.

Having said that tho, I'd recommend against getting bogged down with hitting power on your Chaos team. Too many coaches become enamoured of their lovely claw/fang killing machine and try to build more of them. Problem is that one of them may be a handy tool, but more of them and your team rapidly becomes one dimensional, good only for maiming opposition players. And that gets really old, really fast.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Marcus

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

And when said player eventually gets picked on and kicked to death, all of a sudden your Chaos team isn't as cool as it used to be ;)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

so be it.

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Thanks for the suggestions!

Post by GenoNBBL »

Thanks for the replies guys, but I've decided to advance him as follows:

Normal Skill: Mighty Blow
Double: RSC
Stat increase: So be it :-?

*If* by some strange twist I get MB as his next skill and then a double after I'll definatly think about Very Long Legs, as mentioned he'd be a great back fielder.

I know a couple of you have mentioned about the possibility of crafting an entire team this way but fret not, I'm not like that :D You'd be suprised to learn that my Chaos team (The Slaaneshi All-Stars) win a lot of their games by sacking ball carriers late in their own half and then making a run/passing play to move the ball back upfield. Most of the time I've done this it's left my opponent shocked as he's not left anyone backfield to cope with this! (A prime example of this was in my last game against my brother, which I went on to win 2-0)

The idea of this Beastmen will be to act as a distraction from the ball carrier. If people would rather take him out than the ball then so be it! I don't mind ;)

I would craft him with tackle/block etc, but we don't have any Elf teams in our league anymore! Just me, Undead, Norse, Orc and Skaven. And trust me, I need all the hitting power I can get against the Orc team!

FYI my team isn't a pure Chaos Team, they're actually a Deamon team (Slaanesh). I created them when Deamon teams were official, sadly they are not now :( but I hear that GW might be producing new models for them so they become official once more?

I've just realised that Karegon is on this board too, any thoughts mate? Or are you working on a ploy to take a bounty out on Mr Greyscar (the Beastmen's name) and get the entire league to lynch him :wink:

Toodles,

Geno

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

How balanced do the other coaches find your Daemon team, I see you have one of the highest TR's in your little league although I am sure it just co-incidence. Come on Karegon give us a bit of Feedback?!?

also don't forget if you get a stat increase you can still take a skill instead. Although a ST4 Beastman with Claw Horns could prove interesting.

we have got a few games lined up tonight and I will be talking about your boys with my commish maybe set up a couple of challenge games, Any chance you could e-mail me the html's of the rosters to review? One of our coaches has a fairly tough human team and he is always ready to take on all comers so we shall see. I won't warn him about the "CLAW" though. :lol: :evil: :lol:

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Everyone is quite happy with my Deamon team. Up until 2 weeks ago they we're no different to a Chaos team because I hadn't purchased any deamons yet! And so far in the 2 games my Deamon has been with us she/he has only managed a completion! Still I am very carful with it, any injury means it's counted as dead, very nasty.

The reason my TR is so high is purley because I've been playing BB for over 10 years now (since the wee age of 12, I can't belive how long ago that was!) and the others have just started. So obviously I have much more experience. For example from the start of our league my team has scored 17 TD's and conceeded 3. I've won 8 games, drawn 1 and lost 0. Give it time and the others will start catching up. They've already started to learn tactics and play's off me, the sneaky gits! :)

I spoke to the guys about a meeting with your lot and they seem quite happy to do it, I was thinking maybe in the summer? It may seem like a long time away but hear me out. I bought my own place just before Xmas and have finished decorating etc, so we play all our games there (Monday night is Pizza and BB night!). With summer on the way I'm frantically working on my next project, a BIG garden shed for me and my mates to play in so we don't get moaned at by the missus (not that she's that bad really, but we do make a lot of noise when we play!). Plus in the summer we can turn it into an all day event and I can get a BBQ on :D

It would also give us the opportunity to finish of our Chaos Cup season and give us a nice break from league obligations for a while.

Let me know what you think.

Geno

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

sounds good, jeez 10 years of BB, I can only claim about 8. I like what I am hearing about Pizza too :lol: :lol: :lol:

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Yep 10 years, but don't let it fool you, in those ten years there's a gap of about 5 years where I didn't play much at all (I discovered girls!) and I've only really got back into it heavily this past year.

Still the league is going really well. Everyone always turns up and games are always played on the day they're scheduled, I can't ask for much more as a commish really!

As for Pizza, it's the same every Monday. Go shopping, grab 2 big bottles of coke, 2 pizza's and some crisps and dip. Then we all meet up, drive to mine and let play commence! It generally takes us about 3 hours to play a game as we tend to spend a good hour or so laughing at each other.... KEBAB! *looks at Karegon* :lol: :lol: And then there's always the 'Benny Hill' Beastmen from last week...... *cue benny hill theme music*

Geno