Doubles on a rookie Beastmen

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Doubles on a rookie Beastmen

Post by GenoNBBL »

Hi guys,

I had a Beastmen get a double last night for his first skill, any suggestions as to what I should give him?

I'm toying with the idea of extra arms and moulding him as a catcher. I've got a deamonette (6|3|4|7) who got an AG increase last night (now AG5!) so he's a good enough thrower for my team to compliment the catcher.

What do you think?

Geno

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I would suggest Pro as that covers all eventualities and then your Beastie would be all things to all people.

Maybe Nerves of Steel would be an option if you are going to try a passing game in the opposition half

Diving tackle could be interesting

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Hmmm.... Diving tackle could be interesting but I've already got enough muscle really, I need to open up my passing game (quite hard with a chaos-deamon team I can tell you!).

Pro sounds good (4+ get to re-roll for a failed action right?) but I really like mutations because I can convert more models :D

Oh yeah, I have to say that ageing sucks! I had another Beastmen get his first skill last night and I rolled snake eyes for his ageing roll. Result? Niggling injury! Yah-boo-sucks! :cry:

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I know you said you've got enough muscle...but I love Frenzy on Beastmen! 8)
There is however, a Beastman figure with extra arms..gotta confess we gave our first 2 Beastman that rolled doubles extra arms and tenacles...purely because of the existing figures.

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Yeah I know what you're saying Deathwing, would be nice to use those mini's but I prefer to make my own conversions.

Just not to sure where I'm going to get another arm that looks like a Beastmen's without buying another model.

Karegon suggested that I take frenzy when I rolled the skill last night, it is tempting.... 8)

Had a good game last night, beat a Skaven team 3-0, should have been 4-0. I had the ball and was 1 square off the touchline but needed to sprint. Rolled the sprint...... 1. Bumholes :( No re-rolls left either, and last turn of the game. Oh well...

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GenoNBBL wrote:
Just not to sure where I'm going to get another arm that looks like a Beastmen's without buying another model.
They're fairly hefty arms, humans are a little on the small side.
*...digs around in bits box...*
Gorkamorka plastic Ork arms are scaled about right, just need the weapons snipping...pm me an address and I'll stick a couple in the post if ya want...

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Have you considered Sure Feet? That would help him score, blitz, lend assists, etc.

If you're gung-ho to convert something, give him Two Heads. FUN FUN FUN!

-Chet

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Thanks for that Deathwing, no need to send the parts though, I stocked up on GorkaMorka when GW had a big sale on it a few years ago, I think I spent about £50 and got nearly £200's worth of stuff. :)

Cheers though

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I'd have to recommend foul appearance. Get him passblock for his next skill. Then do the same the next time you get a double for a first skill on a beastman. Then do it again.

Then stick all 3 of them in your front line and kick short =)

Marcus