Regeneration Question

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lazlow
Rookie
Rookie

Regeneration Question

Post by Lazlow »

Quick and simple question:

Can you reroll a failed regeneration roll?

Reason: ''
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

No

The regen roll is not made during a "team turn", it is made between drives, and so cannot be re-rolled. Many people make their regen rolls on the spot, but officially the roll still counts as being between drives.

:wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
ScottyBoneman
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Regeneration Question

Post by ScottyBoneman »

Lazlow wrote:Quick and simple question:

Can you reroll a failed regeneration roll?
Simple Answer: No

A player on your own team, own turn only. That goes for Apoths as well

[size=75]The ocean doesn't want me today.[/size]
Lazlow
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lazlow »

Thanks guys, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be clear.

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Something else that Nazgit touched on and a lot of people overlook is that the regen roll takes place at the end of the drive or the half. Make the Undead coach sweat out the uncertainty of that dead mummy - trust me, it does have an effect on the strategy of the game.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Make the Undead coach sweat out the uncertainty of that dead mummy
The best part about killing one of those walking dead bastards. THough they always seem to come back against me. :oops:

ImageImage
sangraal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sangraal »

Speaking of Regenerate, how does it work when you play a team that has
guys that can use both regen & the Apoth?

The examples are my 2 Trolls on my Goblin team --- lets say one of them got killed & I havent yet used my Apothocary --- do I have decide on the spot whether to use the Apoth. or can I wait until I know whether he regenerates or not.

By a strict reading of the rules, I would say that I have to decide to use
the apothocary as soon as he suffers the injury --- before we know if he will regenerate or not.

And then if the Apoth fails, I can attempt to regenerate him at the end of the drive.

But if I decide not to use the Apoth, wait for him to regenerate, he fails
to regenerate, can I then use the Apoth. on him?

sangraal

slup
Star Player
Star Player

Post by slup »

You have to use the apo right away.
If you do not want to use your apo and regenerate fails, then it is tough luck.
Otherwise people would save their apo until the final moments of a game and then use him on the player he likes best.

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

You decide if you want ot use the APO or not as usual.
If you did not use it, then you roll for regenration when the drive/half is over as usual.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer´s association
madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

Asmodan wrote:You decide if you want ot use the APO or not as usual.
If you did not use it, then you roll for regenration when the drive/half is over as usual.
Also if the APO failed, you roll for regeneration at the end of the drive/half.

m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
'Ed Basha'
Star Player
Star Player

Post by 'Ed Basha' »

And of course Nuffle will regen every BH and SI that come along, but like me, will 1 those two deaths....at least they were just skellys...and I won my league spike trophy anyway....

And the Undead fans go wild......aaaaaaaauuuuuuuggggghhhhhhh

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

Try playing against Grep-V with undead. At the DO he managed to get a total of 7 casualties against me. The ghoul stayed out, but of the other 6 some should have regenerated. As you might have guessed by now: none regenerated.... :(

The same goes for Barney Bandage, my mummy. Match 1 of the Rotting Rags in our league: my wife kills him with her chainsaw (bandage got stuck), no regenerate....

Of course there are also some positive stories about regeneration, but there not as much fun.

m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lerchey »

This actually happened in a game last night. My big guy (robot ogre - look for my bolters team on http://okapi.andrew.cmu.edu/TRAVL if interested) hit a zombie on the first turn and CAS'd him. The player immediately rolled for regen and failed. Then asked me if he could use Pro to re-roll the failed regen roll. That part I knew, and said, "Um.. no."

However, I cannot find (in the skill) where it says that regeneration occurs after the drive or half. This is in LRB 5.

"If the player suffers a Casualty result on the injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration after the roll on the Casualty table and after any Apothecary roll if allowed. On a result of 1-3, the player suffers the result of this injury. On a 4-6, the player will heal the injury after a short period of time to 're-organise' himself, and is placed in the Reserves box instead. Regeneration rolls may not be re-rolled. Note that opposing players still earn Star Player points as normal for inflicting a Casualty result on the player with this skill, even if the result doesn't affect the player in the normal way."

It says to roll for regen after a) the roll on the casualty table and b) any apoth roll.

How does this translate into "at the end of the drive or half"?

Oh, and the zombie failed anyway, and ended up with a minor injury, missing the rest of the game, but got my warbot enough SPPs that he got a skill increase, rolled snake eyes and took block. :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Probably because this topic is so old, it's from LRB 1 or 2.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Skipper
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Skipper »

Ya, the regeneration roll is taken after an apothicary roll is used or not. The roll at the end of the drive/half must be from LRB4.

I've gotten the order wrong myself recently as I asked my opponent and he said the regeneration was first followed by the apothicary. Really didn't make a difference in that game as I would have used the apothicary anyhow as it was my one of my star vampires.

Skipper