Jump Up

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Every skill should not be 6' but every trait should be, thats why u need doubles to get them and only if u have the table that trait is in. Every trait should be highly useful in most situations.

Reason: ''
Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
SixFootDwarf
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SixFootDwarf »

Yeah, that true. Traits area hard to come by. Thick Skull, too...I don't know anyone that's ever taken that as a doubles roll. Spending a doubles roll for a 50% chance to stay face down on the pitch. For players that start with it it's ok...but picking it?

I thin JU should be like H&M said...the guy stands up for free at the beginning or your turn and can move just like a normal standing player. That would make it a feasible choice.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Deathwing wrote:Hmm....just as a sidenote, one of my (very technically gifted) opponents at Res. asked me if he could use Jump Up, then pass the ball to the Jumping up player, and then steam off down the pitch with it!
Despite being infallibly polite about the whole issue, my sportsmanship point disappeared there and then, and I knew it...... :wink:
I think you've hit the nail on the head with the reason why jump up must be done as part of the players action and not before

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

[quote="SixFootDwarf"]Thick Skull, ...I don't know anyone that's ever taken that as a doubles roll.

unfortunately Thick Skull, like Hypnotic gaze is now a racial characteristic and cannot be taken on any Skill roll, but only comes with a player at the onset.

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Actually, Thick Skull is very much still a Physical Ability. I think it ought to be a Characteristic, though. I can't see how you're supposed to model it :)

-Chet

SixFootDwarf
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SixFootDwarf »

Too true, Deth...I stand corrected. *bows*

Use green stuff to make the guy's head huge, Chet. :D

Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

Quote: Despite being infallibly polite about the whole issue, my sportsmanship point disappeared there and then, and I knew it......
Endquote.

Damn that one had me laughing very hard. :D

Poul

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

While we are talking about thickskull, can thickskull work on the poison daggers poison? As for depicting it, since dwarven heads dont really look any different than human heads i for one would not worry about it, especially since i have never heard of many that gave it to a player.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.