Raise the Dead

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Do you think "Raise the Dead" should be changed?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 31

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Raise the Dead

Post by christer »

It was brought up in another thread, so I thought I'd survey the current opinions on the Undead's ability to Raise the Dead.

-- Christer

Reason: ''
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

For future reference: the rule can be found in the thread "zombification" in this forum.

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Well.. The intention of this poll wasn't to force a specific set of rules.
The intent is to see if the community believes Raise the Dead is broken as it is. If the majority feels it is, then maybe it would be worth looking into alternatives.

-- Christer

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

It's not broken. It's boring and useless.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Mestari wrote:It's not broken. It's boring and useless.
How can it be Useless? It gives you a player :roll:
But I would like it to give you something close to what you kill.
Say you kill a War dancer with 8 4 4 7 plus skills, and you raise 4 3 2 8.
For me kills dont come along often but it would be nice to capitalise on them :D

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

IMO any Raise Dead Rule which gives the Undead (or similar team) a player based on the stats or skills that they had when living makes them too powerful. OK the player is alwasys going to be worse than the living player... but what if you kill a ST 5 or AG 5 player? The Undead already have 10 decent position players - the possibility of getting more is too much.

Dave

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i like the idea that all dead people dont come s up to life with the same caracteristics..

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

So far the MBBL2 method of doing the Raise the Dead seems to be working as you get the SPPs also and the zombie costs much more than 30k.

Example if in the MBBL2, you killed a Human Catcher with 40 SPPs and the extra skills: Block, Sprint, Sure Feet

The Zombie would be:
6/2/2/7 with Catch/Dodge/Block/Sprint/Sure Feet/Regenerate and would have a value of 50k along with the 40 SPPs.

Most players are not adding on this type of zombie as it will raise their TR by 13 points and the player gained is of questionable worth.

Now Chaos Warriors still make great zombies with this system though but at least you have the value for them: 3/4/2/9 for 80k impact to TR.

Allowing players to raise the dead with these rules is working so far in the league and I haven't noticed the Undead or Khemri teams becoming overpowered yet from it.

Brian's Animal House Khemri team went for more than a season without keeping one player killed on the roster ... so his record is more about Brian's abilities than the Raise the Dead rule.

Although his new Saurus Skeleton: 5/4/1/7 from his match with Mark will be interesting to see on the pitch.

Galak

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

So far the MBBL2 method of doing the Raise the Dead seems to be working as you get the SPPs also and the zombie costs much more than 30k.

Hmmm... perhaps I should've noted that we always recalculate the players value according to the Jervis SP cost formula. It makes the TR go up a bit faster, but we like it that way. So, a ST5 zombie would cost a lot more than an ordinary one...

Although his new Saurus Skeleton: 5/4/1/7 from his match with Mark will be interesting to see on the pitch.

We've been thinking of adding rules for raising players as skeletons (-1MA,-1AG,-1AV) - is this what you do?
(We also thought about raising as wights or mummies, but that was a dead idea...)

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

IMO:
Is it fun? yes.
Is it balanced: Not particularly.
Vote accordingly (i.e. - whatever takes your fancy :D)

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

MBBL2

Post by NightDragon »

The MBBL 2 version gets my vote. I came across it from a previous jaunt in to the website and have used it ever since. DD.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I voted yes to change it. I have always liked the idea that is used in the mbbl2, the current official one is not much use in most cases.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

It's a yes for me, anything that makes the Undead better IMO has got to be for the good. Next bring back Vampires and get rid of OFAB, and the Undead rule again. :lol:

Seriously though it would need to be carefully addressed as it could proove to unbalance the undead side again.

Oh who cares Undead rule, bring regeneration back to 2+

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I always liked the idea that:
A raised player would lose all skills, 2 MV and 1 AG. Meaning, when you kill a Witchelf, you'd get a 5 3 3 7 zombie... When you kill a ratogre, you'd get a 4 5 2 9 zombie. This simply reflects that you get better zombies from killing ratogres than from killing a human lineman......
You can represent the better zombie by substracting 20K from the original (alive) creature's cost and so a zombie wardancer would represent 90K.

That's pretty simple and manageable I guess.....

Undead, my favorite topic 8)

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

the raise the dead spell only works on players of approximately human size. No zombie Rat Ogres.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.