Multigame injuries

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Multigame injuries

Post by Mestari »

Just wanted to let you know what kind of an experimental rule we're testing out:

When a player suffers a SI which is not healed, a normal roll is made on the SI table. However, instead of automatically missing 1 game, after the SI roll a 2d6 is rolled:

2 : Great recovery - available in the next game
3-10: MNG
11 : Miss the 2 next games
12 : Miss the 3 next games

Injuries are not carried over seasons - the pause between seasons is considered to be at least three games long, so all game misses are erased.

Funny enough, the three first SI's suffered resulted in one three-game miss and two two-game misses :lol:

These will probably never make it to the official rules, but if somebody likes to introduce longer-lasting injuries, these rules are a good way - there are not too many 2-3 game misses, so the rule doesn't impact the game too much.

Opinions, suggestions?

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Interesting to see the long term results, but for a rookie team this would be disastrous. Not many team can field more than 11 players inn their first game anyway. Skaven and Wood Elves could soon find themselves obliterated, whereas just one player missing for 2 or 3 games would virtually destroy the team.

For High rated teams this would be ok, but with the restrictions on money at higher TR, this could also proove to be disastrous.

Plus i dont like the idea of a serious injury having a chance of playing the next game. particularly if he has already failed an aopthecary roll, if that didn't heal him why should anything else.

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

The point is that the longer injuries are rare:
Only 1 injury out of 18 results in 2 missed games, only 1 injury out of 36 results in the player not missing the next game or missing 3 games.

Those are really small odds. Small enough not to effect the game too much.
Also, you could argue that getting players killed would be disastrous for a beginning team. Yes it is, and it's more likely to get players killed than having a SI'd player miss 2 or more games.

We'll see how our coaches think of it at the end of the season, but at the moment the Board of Commissioners (me and one other) feels that the rule adds an exciting element to the SI roll without having a statistically significant effect on any teams possibilities of success.

McDeth wrote:Plus i dont like the idea of a serious injury having a chance of playing the next game. particularly if he has already failed an aopthecary roll, if that didn't heal him why should anything else.
The injury just wasn't as bad as was suspected and the player recovered well?

PS. We had once a norse team fall to less than 80 TR - after just two games: they were mauled in their first game by a goblin team (their first game too). Reason: the goblins could have squigs at the time , and they fielded 3 ;)
As their second match they faced chaos dwarves, after which the TR fell under 80. After that they succeeded to lift it up quite well, but they lost most of their games...
Casualty record from that first game stands even today, both teams scoring about 10 casualties - and of those, several were kills!! The Norse won 1-0, btw.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]