Orc Star Player Blitzer (Ghoul Chewer) redesign ;)

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby

Orc Star Player Blitzer (Ghoul Chewer) redesign ;)

Post by Toby »

Varagh has the Jump Up Trait. That is according to Living Rulebook 1.2 an unavailiable Skill to an Orc Blitzer. So i want to switch that Trait to an Strength (Stand Firm) or General Trait (Dauntless, Frenzy, Nerves of Steel)

Sugestions ? Dauntless would be Cool, Frenzy has style and Stand Firm is logical. :D Nerves of Steel ? well i suppose he has ;)

I also altered the Price (80+10+10+10+20+20=150)
The formula is every characteristics Increase +10, every "normal" Skill +10 every "Double" Skill +20.

I think thats very easy to recalculate and speedy to use.
This is also used to calculate a Players Price when Traded between Teams.

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Hiya Toby :) ,

I think :?: that this would be more useful if you posted a full listing of your house rules in that section of the forum, we could also post our views on the total package and you can solicit suggestions more appropriately from there. Some users don't always look in general chat as it can be so non-specific, you may get a better response in House Rules :wink: .

just my Tuppeny bit anyway.

personally I feel that the Stars are different and should be examined as such, after all are you going to give Morg bonehead :o ? But whatever you house rule is fine for you and we can critique as well as suggest from there.

Toby

Post by Toby »

Stars can loose RC's on a Double (so says LRB1.2)

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Toby wrote:Stars can loose RC's on a Double (so says LRB1.2)
Give me a page number please, for i cannot find this.

Furelli.

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

On page 25 is states

Note, that unlike skills, Racial Characteristics can never be lost or gained. If you have them, you have them for life. The only exceptions to this are some of the Big Guy Star Players, but they are the exception rathe rthan the rule.

Unquote

It doesn't say that Star Players can lose them, and as Star Players gain no SPP's no doubles roll will ever affect them. The statement I am sure is meant to relay that these guys are exceptions to their race and as such cannot be copied.

so no changing the star players, unless you have house star players, with whom you can do as you wish.

bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

my custom player cost calculations assume that a str increase is worth 30k...

each skill 10k

each skill category 10k

other attributes 10k

dont remember if it increased the cost of a double roll...(wouldnt that require a recalculation of the amazon team?)

bj0rn - ...

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Agree with Voyagers ... stars don't get SPPs in the LRB:

P.40
The Star Players who come on Star Player cards or from the Official Star Player list on the back cover cannot earn any more Star Player points. They are considered to have peaked and cannot get any better.
And as Voyagers quoted players with racial characteristics like Bonehead can never lose them.

This means that all the Big Guy starts are exceptions ... so Varag isn't so bad having Jump Up ... stars do not need to be possible as creation from a rookie.

Galak

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Toby wrote:Stars can loose RC's on a Double (so says LRB1.2)
????????

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

bj0rn wrote:my custom player cost calculations assume that a str increase is worth 30k...

each skill 10k

each skill category 10k

other attributes 10k

dont remember if it increased the cost of a double roll...(wouldnt that require a recalculation of the amazon team?)

bj0rn - ...
Ran this formula through the existing teams ... its not bad for quick and dirty.

Compare the Orc and Skaven teams with the full blown formula at http://www.midgardbb.com/NewBBTeamBuildingGuide.html

Code: Select all

Actual        Bjorn       BB Formula
Orc Lineman           50k           50k             50k
Goblin                40k           40k             40k
Thrower               70k           70k             70k
Black Orc             80k           70k             80k
Blitzer               80k           80k             90k

Lineman               50k           60k             50k
Thrower               70k           90k             80k
Gutter Runner         80k           80k             80k
Storm Vermin          90k           90k            100k
I'm going to run it through the paces on all the teams ... other than the Skaven Lineman/Thrower it appears to come out light on a lot of players ... ie Skinks cost out at 50k, Wights at 70k, Halfings at 10k, Wardancers at 110k, so I'm leary of using a formula that goes light on cost rather than occassionally goes heavy. But like I said, as a quick and dirty method, its pretty good. Have to try it on the Big Guys ... Ogre came out at 130k. The one that bothers me though is that a 6/3/4/8 Block player with Gen access is 70k on bjorn's method and 100k on the BB formula ... my gut tells me this guy is a lot closer to 100k than 70k ... but again as a quick rule, I like it.

Galak

Toby

Post by Toby »

Once again, no one got the point...

Varagh is a Blitzer. Then he Leveled up and Became a Star. Now he's a Star Blitzer and Peaked in LRB1.2 // The Big Guy Stars have Lost RC's while leveling up, on a Double on Their SP Roll. (To me it is very important to have no "impossible" units in the Game. Every Star must be recreated from a rookie, so buing a star means trading SPP for Money).
Forget it. ;)

What I wanted to know was, what Trait would you give him instead of jump up ?

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Toby wrote:To me it is very important to have no "impossible" units in the Game. Every Star must be recreated from a rookie....
Some discussion here;
viewtopic.php?t=456&highlight=remote

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Toby

Post by Toby »

thx Deathwing

I give him Stand Firm. period.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Fair enough Toby.
Thread locked and moved to House Rules. Period.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."