House rulez

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

voyagers_uk, maybe we could do some transactions like "you send some 2nd edition minis, and I will send you some wonderful bottles of Côtes du Rhône :smile:

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

very tempting :lol:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

DafrenchCoach!!!!! have you read our Houz rulez?

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Dear Longshot,

I've read it... In fact, with 4th Gold Edition, and all these rules, I would have found it great. But with those last 2K1 rules, I don't know if your house rulez wouldn't affect game balance, with including too many advantages to big teams...

With your Clubs Progressions rules, I've seen you've included successfully some rules I've seen on a french website... I've forgotten the link...(publiciste, etc)...it was on pdf file... well, it doesn't matter. If i'd remind it, i woud give you the link

Maybe I can some suggestions:

- stop apoticary levels (btw, idea of limiting number of assistant and cheerleaders is great for clubs, for example)
- decrease number of sponsors (with those sponsors, it will allows you "permanent" freebooters stars, which is a paradox, isn't it ?)
- stop increasing of number of players for "grand club"... With 2K1 rules, it would say you've got a lot of linemen, and i wouldn't see the advantage (and the interest, to be true).

but these are just some suggestions: it's very hard to tell you what i think about, cause i can't play with it, due to the fact there are long term rules...

maybe you can work on it, and include for "legend club" this configuration:
1 sponsor, 1 stadium, 1 permanent star (something like Thierry Henry for Arsenal, for example :razz: )

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

leave the vice-captain alone unless you have insider knowledge that would help the gooner cause Image

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hu, I see, a french touch fan :wink: Be quiet, big clubs aren't made only by big players, and I'm sure Arsène (another french guy) will make Arsenal bigger, with or without Pat...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DaFrenchCoach on 2002-02-04 15:27 ]</font>

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

-Remenber that we dont accept Stars Playres from GW...
-We changed a little the rules about Sponsors to make it less strong and now it seems balanced (will see), Dont foirget that Sponsor are not permanent!
-Yep about Pdf files, i hav seen a lot of BB site ti make these Big club rules.
-Linemen are the spirit of a TeaM in Bloodbowl, dont forget it. I dont like a team without any lineman.

thx for your reply :smile:

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

On 2002-02-05 17:18, Longshot wrote:
-Remenber that we dont accept Stars Playres from GW...
-We changed a little the rules about Sponsors to make it less strong and now it seems balanced (will see), Dont foirget that Sponsor are not permanent!
-Yep about Pdf files, i hav seen a lot of BB site ti make these Big club rules.
-Linemen are the spirit of a TeaM in Bloodbowl, dont forget it. I dont like a team without any lineman.

thx for your reply :smile:
Hi Longshot,

sorry for starplayers and sponsors, i haven' t see the points you mentioned...

By the way, i'm still think that having 3 teams sponsors and 2 personal sponsors is a "grosbill" danger ;o)... when you look at BB 2K1 rules, you guess something has been made for those meetings, in order to give a reduce differences between the two teams... And although i think your club progression rules is a good idea for seeing my own club, i'm not sure it's a good one for those matches with big TR differences ?

Of course linemen are the essence (not sure about word) of BB player, but what i tried to say is i don't see an advantage in increasing team rosters if the effect is having more linemen... they won't play !!! With sigurd injures table, it's very hard (according to me) to see all reserves empty due to injures on pitch...

about pdf files, i just talk about publiciste, sponsor, etc... I've seen it on a website called "l'envers du jeu", can't remember exactly the good url... I think there were there for a long time, in fact i think it was the first translation ever made from english of these rules... And what i'd like in your club progression is you've included those rules very well.

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

In order to be allowed to have 3 team sponsors and 2 personel sponsors, you have to win 3 majors tournaments. Moreover, the TR must reflect the potential power of a team.
It's normal for the Reikland Reavers to win
a match against gobbo team :wink:

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Some teams can have 4 catchers,2 launchers, 4 Blitzers, 10 linemen (in addition to 2 ogres, 2 blockers) so you can have easily 20 players without having 10 linemen is possible.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Trambi: I've seen it. You've added blocker to human team roster... I don't know what think about... I think the human team become unbalanced (too powerful !!!). And it contradicts what Longshot says: you can have a team with 2 BG, 2 blockers, 2 throwers, 4 catchers, 4 blitzers... 14 players, without a linemen ! So I should understand you need 20 players :wink:

When you told about 2 BG, it's 4th Gold Edition Rules...

Well, it depends on number of teams... I just say it wouldn't very funny to play against this sort of team, if a newbie would come into your league... This is according to me one of the most part of BB2K1 Rules (cf. Handicap Rules), and Progression Club Rules doesn't go into this direction... Although there are some good ideas inside

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Ok, first even with two blockers, a human team is very difficult to play (don't forget we don't use any star players :sad: ). The main advantage of human team is adaptability.
If you want an hard-run way of playing, ok take blockers, ogres and blitzers. But it we can less powerfull than an Orc team :wink:.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

About TR and handicap.
It's a very significative thing that most of the time big teams wins against lower teams.
We play with the normal rules of handicap, and I used to playing against three cards.
Finally, remember that the all buyings (stadilum, additional staff so an so ) of a team are introduced in the TR.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

we've tested Human blocker(and gobbo catcher) and it is not unbalanced, it is more like 2nd Ed and it works good.
most of teams had lineman Human and orc are expetion...)
20 players: they may be not be played, it depence of you.
For me, having 20 players give me the solution of a Def squad and an offensive one.
We played already one tournament with sponsors, and not a lot has gain money. I didnt get any sponsor and i won the tournament so....
Dont forget that to get a personnal sponsor (need 51spp) and for a team one, there are restrictions too that we make them most difficult.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

I also agree with Trambi about one thing i found stupid:
newbi team can beat a 200TR team.
this is like 6 players doing the BB's tournament. For myself it sounds not realistic at all.
We need difference between Big team and newbi one's.
New players are include in the tournament with newbie team.(but dont forget that players can change their team to a newbie one).