Skaven Sewer Pitch Rules

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Skaven Sewer Pitch Rules

Post by Craigtw »

Here are the new rules forthe Skaven pitch for the Challenge of Q'ermitt tournament:

Like their less evolved brethren, the common rat, with whom they share a more than passing resemblance, the skaven are fond of dwelling underground and can often be found lurking in the tunnels created by other races. In many cases this means that they will be found inhabiting the sewers of the cities of men. In some cases, they may have even adapted these environments to suit their needs…. And sometimes their needs include Blood Bowl!

Flowing water:

The center of this pitch is a shallow stream of effluence. While this will not normally affect the movement of the players (see the Flush! result below) it can move small objects – say about the size of a Blood Bowl ball.

Before the game each coach should roll a d6. The higher score has the water flowing in their direction. At any time that the ball is on the pitch at the end of the receiving team’s turn, it will move 1 square in the direction of the flow. Note- Skaven teams playing on this pitch know their turf, and will always play in the direction of the flow (obviously if there are two skaven teams, then a randomization will be necessary).

If, when moving, the ball should move into a square with a standing player then they may have a free attempt to pick it up with a base +0 modifier (applying tackle zones as normal). If it moves onto a prone player then roll a d6 to randomize whether it goes to that person’s left or right square.

As the side lines are above the water, any water effects will not apply on these areas.

Weather:
2-3: Manthing stink stink! The sewers are smelling paricularly foul and all players must roll a d6 after every drive and half. On the roll of a 1 they are too busy retching and vomiting to take part in the next drive.

4-10: Smelly, but okay

11 - Switched ball - someone has stolen the special sewer ball and replaced it with a normal one. This ball will be difficult to handle once it is wet. Once the ball lands in a water section it will be at -1 to pick up and catch.

12 - Flickering lights - the normally eerie electric glow of the skaven pitch is flickering on and off at such an erratic pace that players are finding it hard to see. Only quick and short passes may be allowed, and any attempts to "go for it" will fall on a 1 or 2.

Kick Off:
2 – Flush! The water rushes towards the central drain in the pitch and the players notice that the flow is affecting their movement. All players moving in the direction of the flow now add +1 to their MA. Those moving against the flow subtract 1 from their MA. The ball will travel d6 squares now instead of 1 if left unattended in the water. Players and balls on the ledges will be unaffected. Note – the flow is now going from each end zone to the centre

3- Poison Wind Globe – An agent of Clan Skyre has lobbed a poison wind globe onto the pitch. Each coach roll a d6, the coach scoring lowest being the victim. The coach should then randomly determine one of the players on the pitch to be the recipient of the deadly orb. From that player’s square, scatter the orb three times – it will not bounce, and may not be intercepted. Anyone under the orb where it lands will suffer an automatic injury roll. Roll a d6 for any players in the adjacent eight squares – on a 1-3 they are placed faced down, stunned; on a 4-6 they are placed face up.

4- Spy – The defensive coach has been informed of the opponent’s next plan and may reset his players as per the regular Perfect Defense. However, once the players are in their new position the offensive coach should roll a d6. On a 6, the defensive coach will find that he was double-crossed as the offensive coach may now reset his players.

5 – Chittering fans – as the skaven fans get more and more excited, their chittering squeaks get harder for the players to bear! Each coach rolls a d6 and adds their number of cheerleaders (in their attempt to drown out the sound). The coach who scores lower must deduct one reroll from their total for this half.

6 – Get the Ref – regular rules

7 – Weather change

8 – Quick Snap – regular rules

9 – Kidnap the coach – Each coach rolls a d6. The lower score has their coach kidnapped and may not make any arguments with the ref for the remainder of the drive, at which point they are able to free themselves and return to their team. At the start of the next drive the other team (who did not have their coach kidnapped) rolls a d6, on a 6 they will have their normal kick off roll, but must also apply the Spy! result #4 on the kick off table)

10 – Bog Beast! A long sinewy tentacle has slipped out of the depths and wrapped itself around the leg of one of the players. The victim will be the player who is closest to the side lines (randomize if there is more than one that are equally close to the sides). That player will be dragged d6 squares towards the sidelines, and even off if the dice allows for that many squares. If pulled off then, roll for an injury as normal. Otherwise it is assumed that they have managed to free themselves but must be placed face up on the pitch.

11 – Throwing Star – an agent of Clan Eshin hurls a deadly throwing star at one of the players. Each coach rolls 2d6 and adds their fan factor, the coach who scores lower must randomly determine one of their players on the pitch. That player must make an immediate injury roll. If stunned, roll another d6. On a 4+ the star was poisoned and the player is KO’d with no use of thick skull possible.

12 – Swarm – (same rules as pitch invasion, but more chittering is involved)

Thoughts and comments are welcome.

Reason: ''
Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duff »

I like it. Very ambient without radicly changing the game. I put it too you the teams should change ends (direction of flow) at half time.

The Skaven player knows before the coin toss which direction the flow is, if they decline to choose who kicks first or loose the toss, they get to choose their end for the 1st half.

Choosing ends alays happens, it just cosn't matter ususally.

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!
mlindsay2706
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mlindsay2706 »

thats some pretty cool stuff there. really characterfull!

[size=67]And death climbs up the steps one by one,
To give you the rose that's been burnt by her sun

Point me to the sky above
I can't get there on my own
Walk me to the graveyard
<b>Dig up her bones</b>[/size]
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Just finished the new sewer board and thought I would post a pic here. there are a few more under the Tournament Posting section with the Q'ermitt tournament.

Long view of the pitch showing the sewage and dryer side zones.

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
Sarge
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Skaven Sewer Pitch Rules

Post by Sarge »

I realize this is long after the fact, but im still pretty new to Blood Bowl & the site. This is a great pitch and i love the extra rules! I think i also just stumbled onto a post of your cthulu team? This would make an awesome home pitch for them too! Excellent job!