The coin flip

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Of course, limited overs cricket was created by Rupert Packer (or was it Kerry Murdoch? :wink: ) expressly for the purpose of attracting viewers who couldn't stand five days of almost nothing happening.

PPS: Cricket is just such a 'gentleman's' game. Everyone gets a turn at everything, and hardly anyone ever wins. Mebbe that's why an Englishman invented BB (trying to force myself back to something to do with the topic. :P )

Reason: ''
If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Scott King wrote:Of course, limited overs cricket was created by Rupert Packer (or was it Kerry Murdoch? :wink: ) expressly for the purpose of attracting viewers who couldn't stand five days of almost nothing happening.
Limited overs cricket was played professionally along time before Kerry Packer came on the scene. he just revolutionised the way it was played by introducing coloured clothing and Day Night games.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

One day cricket? I don't know why they just don't chase say..40? runs in 6 overs with 3 wickets in hand, seeing as the whole concept is to produce something like that scenario at the end of the day.
At best it's sometimes quite entertaining..at worse it's a forced and totally artificial game that bears little resemblence to real cricket.
I despair sometimes, I really do....

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."