Alternative Humans

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chosen Warrior
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Alternative Humans

Post by Chosen Warrior »

Since fluff-wise humans are not as strong/fast/agile/tough as other teams, but win by resourcefulness and skill, how about massed Pro, the ultimate jack-of-all-trades skill, on the team(maybe just the positionals)? BB is full of "spam this skill as a starting skill on the team" so what's one more in the mix...

-No need to touch player stats or costs: catcher remains catcher-like, i.e. faster, weaker, less armored than blitzers; players are no longer over-priced as they gain another skill, but not a power skill. (Sort of like Thick Skull on some players, give it to them for flavor or when giving a "real skill" would be too much of a boost)

-No one ever picks Pro (maybe a second double on a Big Guy), this way it would see some light of day on the pitch.

-Shouldn't be too powerful as Humans already have lots of skill rerolls, but good for rerolling pushes or dauntless rolls, the little things.

-If Blood Bowl were a movie, Humans would be the good guys. They would be down on the scorecard when the time is running out (i.e. it's the second half and you're out of rerolls) when the douchebag ball-hog star player Blitzer of the team suddenly would have a change of heart and he'd decide to throw a desperate pass to our lowly lineman hero of the movie for the winning touchdown* (i.e. humans still suck and you'd be losing but you might get lucky once in a while and Pro would save your ass)

Of course these movie type scenarios happen all the time in BB but Pro would make it a little bit more likely for Nuffle to smile on a human team.

Yeah I know, "Pro" sounds stupid as a starting skill but just rename it to "Lucky SOB" and you're all set :wink:

*movie logic let's the team go from losing to winning with 1 TD

Reason: ''
PairODice
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PairODice »

Fluff wise, Pro would work better with Pro-Elves.
Chosen Warrior wrote:Since fluff-wise humans are not as strong/fast/agile/tough as other teams, but win by resourcefulness and skill, how about massed Pro, the ultimate jack-of-all-trades skill, on the team(maybe just the positionals)? BB is full of "spam this skill as a starting skill on the team" so what's one more in the mix...

-No need to touch player stats or costs: catcher remains catcher-like, i.e. faster, weaker, less armored than blitzers; players are no longer over-priced as they gain another skill, but not a power skill. (Sort of like Thick Skull on some players, give it to them for flavor or when giving a "real skill" would be too much of a boost)

-No one ever picks Pro (maybe a second double on a Big Guy), this way it would see some light of day on the pitch.

-Shouldn't be too powerful as Humans already have lots of skill rerolls, but good for rerolling pushes or dauntless rolls, the little things.

-If Blood Bowl were a movie, Humans would be the good guys. They would be down on the scorecard when the time is running out (i.e. it's the second half and you're out of rerolls) when the douchebag ball-hog star player Blitzer of the team suddenly would have a change of heart and he'd decide to throw a desperate pass to our lowly lineman hero of the movie for the winning touchdown* (i.e. humans still suck and you'd be losing but you might get lucky once in a while and Pro would save your ass)

Of course these movie type scenarios happen all the time in BB but Pro would make it a little bit more likely for Nuffle to smile on a human team.

Yeah I know, "Pro" sounds stupid as a starting skill but just rename it to "Lucky SOB" and you're all set :wink:

*movie logic let's the team go from losing to winning with 1 TD

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

As an almost fanatical human coach I feel I should throw down my hat and join in this thread. Ian I like what your trying to do but i find myself in the +av camp for catcher upgrades. Catchers can be a great piece when skilled but suffer from lacking durabilty. 2 skills in they can have blodge/sidestep and they become a pain for your opponent to deal with, that is until the pow crops up and they die. Ma8 + av8 makes them a great postional piece both on offence and defence. The ma8 really makes the catcher and taking them down to 7 takes away the human 'jack of all trades' that makes them. I'm probably stupid for saying this but I'd rather keep my ma8 st2 catchers and settle for a durability boost (just keep in mind 1 double and you have a speedy blodge/ss/guarder. Great on defence). Also like the blitzer price tweak as after the catchers are down the blitzers are top target as they are the stars of the team. I vote +av every day of the week.

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?