Ideas for buffing the vampire team - round 3: Poll

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Which buff is the most appropriate for the vampire team?

6338 thralls (50K)
22%
6337 thick skull thralls (40K)
25%
Bloodlust can create a vampire
12%
Bloodlust can only stun
22%
MA7 on vampires (120K)
14%
Stab on vampires (120K)
No votes
10K price dump on something
5%

Total votes: 73

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Ideas for buffing the vampire team - round 3: Poll

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
I need ideas for buffing the vampire team (beyond what LRB5+ did).
This is not a thread for discussing whether a buff is appropriate - this a thread to come up with ideas for buffs that a league could use, if said league had already decided that they wanted to do a buff.

Also note that this a thread looking for a buff - not a complete overhaul: Not an overhaul of the team and not a change to the core rules of the game. Cute as those may seem, they've got almost no chance of being accepted by actual leagues.
What I'm looking for is ideas that fit well with the fluff and look sensible and balanced.

It's time for round 3:
None of the other items have been clearly bumped to the list - but there was some discussion of stab-like mechanics, so I've added stab to the list, for a total of 7 options.
Thanks all
Martin

Reason: ''
Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Andromidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Andromidius »

AV8 on the Thralls would probably do it. Makes them on par with Human Linemen.

Maybe giving Thralls P skill access as well, much like Chaos Marauders? Small buff, but might be useful long term.

Lastly, maybe give Stab to all Vampires (to represent them sucking blood). Wouldn't stop a Vampire from Bloodlusting (since an opposing player wouldn't just allow a Vampire to bite them, unlike a Thrall), just give them the option to play dirty. And maybe add a Nurgle's Rot styled rule that if a S4 or less non-stunty player is killed by the 'stab' it becomes a feww rookie Thrall for the team?

~Andromidius

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Allow 0-4 Zombies. Or Thick Skull on thralls for no extra cost. Or AV8 thralls at 50K for a big boost.

I'd be wary of buffing Vamps though. They have the potential to be great in a league.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
CoachScott
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CoachScott »

Simple change, bloodlusting vampires only stun thralls. Keeps the thralls on the pitch, and means you don't accidently kill your skilled players or have to spend your winnings on replacements. Should give a good boost over the course of a league.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

An 0-2 thrall thrower position might also have some appeal.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

I was also thinking thick skull on the tralls, like suggested by joemanji.

I think AV 8 trals is to much.

the price of RRs or vamps could be reduced by 10 k.

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

How about making Thralls AV8 but pricing them at 60K?

Failing that how about free Vampires from bitten Thralls?

Under the new Rules Review the casualties are capped at Badly Hurt. However, how about rolling a d6 after a Thrall is bitten and BH, on the roll of a 6 the Thrall becomes a Vampire?

I believe this latter idea or variations of it have been discussed in other Threads and considered a bit overpowered.

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

I think it depends how much of a buff you are going for....

- If you want to give them a nudge up then give vampires passing access.

- If you want to make them low tier 1 then give the vampires Ma7, possibly pricing them at 120k

- If you want to elevate vampires to the middle of tier 1 (I'm thinking humans, skaven, norse) then make thralls av8 for 50k. If you do this then let vampires kill thralls again.

- If you want to give vampires a significant boost then make the thralls av8 and the vampires Ma7. I'd be wary about doing this though, while the team will probably only win the league if well coached it could be pretty devastating if played by a true vampire coach (think woodie power level).

PS, in the past giving thralls thick skull and making them 50k has been suggested as a boost.... dont do it because its actually more of a nerf.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

i play Vamps in a league and personally I think +1M for vamps would be excellent whilst not overpowering (in conjunction with the "New" thickskull/BH rules)

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

My only problem with the vampire team is that Thralls have AV7. The opponent just kick there butt.

Thralls 5338 G/SPA 40K or 50K

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

6338 Thralls for 50k is the obvious boost.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

ianwilliams wrote:6338 Thralls for 50k is the obvious boost.
Agreed... and would even replace the BH rule with regular injury AND IF the thrall is KIA, THEN you get another vampire after the drive ends....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

You'll have to take the auto-BH rule from my cold, dead fingers! Its what allows the team to be fun in leagues even if you are losing.
SillySod wrote:PS, in the past giving thralls thick skull and making them 50k has been suggested as a boost.... dont do it because its actually more of a nerf.
I think the suggestion is to give them TS and keep them at 40K. That is my suggestion anyway, as you say giving a player TS and rasing their price by 10K would be ridiculous. Who would ever do that? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

SillySod wrote:PS, in the past giving thralls thick skull and making them 50k has been suggested as a boost.... dont do it because its actually more of a nerf.
I think the suggestion is to give them TS and keep them at 40K. That is my suggestion anyway, as you say giving a player TS and rasing their price by 10K would be ridiculous. Who would ever do that? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

lol :D :D

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

i think Thick Skull is a too big advantage. TS is the same than av8, but does work on OfaB, too. This disadvantage (ofab) still has to be a disadvantage, you gain st4, ag4 players for this.
Therefor i would say that av8 is ok, increasing the cost to 50k.

Another nice thing could be, if you reduce the extra apo via inducement to 50k for Vampire teams, like it's regulated with the gobos and their bribes. This might be a slight help, because i still think, that Gaze is a very strong ability and the Vampire team is a nice team, isn't easy to play, but should be a challenge right from the beginning.

Greetz,
gan