Movement cornerwise = 1,5 MA

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

Munkey wrote:Hey, don't dis Monopoly :) Seriously I do play mostly BB but i'm not going to not play a game just because it's the wrong genre (is that the right word?).It's a lot easier to get my family to play Monopoly than it is BB :roll:, although I did convince them to play Settlers Of Catan at Christmas.
No problem. I just consider it inappropriate to compare movement rules of chess and BB such as zeroalpha did.
Munkey wrote:Maybe complexity is the wrong word, I think there is a lot of scope for confusion and miscounting in a game. I would try it though, but I think there's zero chance of me selling the idea to any of my opponents.
Well there isn't, as far as "confusion and miscounting" are concerned.
The second statement is right though, that's our human legacy.
:smoking:

Reason: ''
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Hexes etc.

Post by Smeborg »

I like BB as it is. But I also like the idea of BB on hexes. I've been considering making a hex-based BB board in order to play 3-team BB.

There are problems, of course, with using hexes to represent a rectangular space such as the traditional BB board. These problems can be overcome, but I see no chance of GW being interested (GW, and JJ in particular, seem to be allergic to hex-based games).

I think that if you played "normal" BB on hexes (or used a square board but paid more MA for diagonal movement), you would experience some change in play balance. For example, higher MA teams (and rosters) would be advantaged. Player density and dodging are a bit different on hexes too (tackle zones cover 6 hexes instead of 8 squares), but I haven't played enough on hexes to work out who has the advantage here.

Regarding chess, I think there are many valid points of comparison between chess and BB, although this may not be one of them.

Cheers

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless