Monk Team - reactions?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lerchey »

Agreed with all points. MB would have made a huge difference in the game on the Chaos side. There were a TON of 7s rolled for armor breaks.

As to SS, yes, I agree that that will make them very good for field position, but I do still have to wonder how well they're survive against bashier teams. Once ST 4 guys start getting block and guard, and others do similar and get MB, I think I'll have trouble keeping good players unless I'm very lucky and/or very skilled. I tend to be neither. I'm a medium-good coach with generally abysmal dice.

Still, they were fun to play, and if they ever seem to be way overbalanced, I can switch 'em to Amazons or Norse using the same minis. :)

Reason: ''
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I'm just saying it'll be a problem team when you get really good. If you play postseason tournaments, expect complaints when your middle-of-the-road Monk team suddenly becomes a juggernaut. 50k linos and immunity to chain-blocks more than makes up for AV7 (kind of like universal Dodge would if it came on a team with MA7 players). OTOH, Side Step has a way of developing coaching skills by challenging spatial awareness and forcing the coach to think in the opponent's turn, so it'll probably be a positive experience learning just how sick that roster is.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
stormmaster1
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stormmaster1 »

I'd be curious to actually see it happen. 6337 will be slow to skill up. I can't see enough lino's skilling up to give you a juggernaught of a team. SS is awesome, but those players are fragile. This team may turn out to be powerful, but it may not. Matgslaters assertions are based on conjecture and experience with that skill on other teams. See how your team fares developing further, especially v bashers.

lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lerchey »

Stormmaster1.. Yeah, I think I agree with you. They are rather fragile, and dwarves and the like will hurt them. We generally play a perpetual league, and these guys are being added as a new team. That means that they will get incentives/inducements, but given that our primary dwarf team is at about 1.7m, and most others are at least at 1.3 (except for the one goblin team that's all goblins, no secret weapons!), they are likely to get pretty hammered. Lots of our teams are well-skilled bashers.

I'll keep people posted, but it may be a while before they play much. Our league is on hiatus while we play other (non-BB) games. :(