Werewolf roster

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rhyoth
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Werewolf roster

Post by Rhyoth »

Our league is about to start, and, after a long debate we finally come to several agrement, including :
a) a 60 k RR
b) we're now aiming to make it a top tier 2 team (or even a low tier 1)

So, with that in mind, here we are :

Sons of Ulric :
0-16 : "Cub" : 6 3 3 7 : Jump Up - GA/SP : 50 k
0-2 : Half Blood : 6 3 3 7 : Block + one skill* - GS/AP : 70 k
0-2 : Hunter : 8 3 3 7 : No Hand, Shadowing, Surte Feet, Wrestle - GA/SP : 90 k
0-2 : "Dominant Wolf" : like Ulfwerenerer : 110 k
0-2 : "Stray Wolf" : like Necromatic Werewolf : 120k

RR : 60 k / Apo : Yes
Star Players : Helmut Wulf, Icepelt Hammerblow, Mighty Zug, Morg'n'Thorg, Wilhelm Chaney, Zara the slayer**

* still debating over Dauntless, Fend or Frenzy (Fend seems to have the upper hand right now
** possible substitution with Grim Ironjaw

Some details about positionnals :
Cub : younger werewolf.
Half Blood : mere humans in warhammer world ; only very strong and brave Half-blood are accepted by the pack.
Hunter : werewolf in a "full" wolf form (4 legged and all...)
Dominant Wolf : Older and Stronger Son of Ulric
Stray Wolf : werewolf from a different origin (in warhammer world, those guy wouldn't get along with a pack of Sons of Ulric, but we're in Blood Bowl right ?)

Any comment ?

Reason: ''
SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Werewolf roster

Post by SlannMann »

Hi, this is what I came up with a year ago after getting back into blood bowl, which I also posted on the NAF site earlier this year. I decided to keep it simple and just use what is already official to make my team ( apart from the big guy positional ). Sure this is three years too late :lol: but thought i'd share it anyway :D

I have always loved the idea of werewolf players in BB. I also liked that when I started getting back into the game about a year and a half ago, I saw that Norse teams now came with werewolves. So the initial thought was to make a team made entirely of Norse linemen and Norse werewolves to make a werewolf team roster, but then i wasn't playing the game and soon forgot about the idea. I have also come across 2nd Ed rules for Werewolf teams and a roster for the current rules, but these are still pretty much the 2nd Ed ones and so don't really fit in with the game from 3rd Ed onwards ( you roll a D6 for each lineman before the start of the match to see if he turns into a werewolf for the game ). Alternatively, if you wanted a roster more akin to the 2nd Ed rules, I guess you could take my roster and have 0-6 werewolves instead of splitting between the two types. But werewolves are often depicted as bigger and stronger than mortal men, which is why I lent towards the stronger less agile type. I went through a few ideas of my own and this is my end result. I hope all those reading this enjoy, like and find the following acceptable as a new team concept.

Werewolf Team Roster
Werewolf teams have never been particularly successful in the history of Blood Bowl, despite them to seemingly be perfect players, due to their unstable and violent natures.With the recent inclusion of them in several successful Norse and Undead teams, along with Star Players like Wilhelm Chaney and Ulric Wuulfson, werewolf teams have started to make a return to the Blood Bowl pitch. Instead of the teams being made up entirely of werewolves as past teams were, these new teams comprise of those who have a connection or history of lycanthropy in their family and outcasts who have been accused of being moonbeasts. The most successful of these teams, The Howlers, have even been sponsored by the famous Norsca mead brewers Howlgaarden.

Team Roster
0-16 Linemen
Movement - 6
Strength - 3
Agility - 3
Armour - 8
Gold Pieces - 50,000

0-4 Giant Werewolves
Movement - 6
Strength - 4
Agility - 2
Armour - 8
Skills - Frenzy
Gold Pieces - 110,000

0-2 Werewolves
Movement - 8
Strength - 3
Agility - 3
Armour - 8
Skills - Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration
Gold Pieces - 110,000

0-1 Werebear
Movement - 5
Strength - 5
Agility - 2
Armour - 8
Skills - Loner, Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Thick Skull, Wild Animal
Gold Pieces - 150,000

0-8 Re-rolls - 60,000 GP
Star Players Available -
Griff Oberwald, Helmut Wulf, Mighty Zug,
Morg 'n' Thorg, Wilhelm Chaney, Ulric Wuulfson

*Should Ulric Wuulfson not be allowed then:
Star Players Available -
Griff Oberwald, Helmut Wulf, Mighty Zug,
Morg 'n' Thorg, Wilhelm Chaney, Zara the Slayer

Skills S D
Linemen G APS
G.Werewolf GS AP
Werewolf AG SP
Werebear S AGP

Werebears : The New Big Guy
The Werebear came about as there are a few mentions of werebears scattered through the BB Rules and other articles, most noteably the following quote from the Did You Know mentioning the Kishago Werebears :
"Norse teams have been known to take to the pitch with werebears instead of Ulfwerener. Both of these Nordic werekin are virtually identical in ability and the amount of carnage they create on the pitch. They are incredibly strong, naturally tough, and possessed by a terrifying bloodthirsty frenzy"
Thus I thought they would make an acceptable new/ alternative Big Guy for my werewolf team roster. Plus with a bear being such a large animal, it would fill the Big Guy position perfectly. To make him I took a Minotaur and simply switched some of the starting skills he came with to more appropriate ones, these being Claws for Mighty Blow ( while MB is an obv and acceptable skill for a bear to have, I wanted to emphasize the devastating shredding effects of a bear's massive claws ) and Horns for Regeneration. Thick Skull and Regeneration are meant to reflect or represent how much tougher a werebear is to a werewolf, due to their size and strength, despite being the same toughness/ AV.

New Star Player
Ulric Wuulfson ( as you may already know ) is an old Star Player from when the Norse team was first published in the Citadel Journal ( issue 9? ). I though i'd bring him back as he would fit nicely into the werewolf team and be an alternative to Wilhelm Chaney's werewolf Star Player. It is a bit of a fudge as I don't know how GW comes up with their pricing of Stars. What I did was to take Griff Oberwald ( 320k ) and take away the price of a human blitzer ( 90k ). Leaving 230k. Then I saw he has +1 ST, +1 AG and four extra skills compared to a standard blitzer so I divided 230 by 6 which comes to 38.33333. you can either take that as 38 or round up to an even 40.
So if we say 38, in order to get Ulric's stats take a Norse werewolf 6428 110k and add +1 MV, +1 AG ( x2 ) which comes to 114k. For skills he has Block, Claws, Dodge and Frenzy so add 38 for each of those ( apart from Frenzy which a Norse werewolf comes with ) totalling to 114. Add the two 114's to 110 = 338k ( round up to 340,000 ) for a LRB6 Ulric Wuulfson.

Ulric Wuulfson
Race : Norse Werewolf
Team : Norse
MA : 7
ST : 4
AG : 4
AV : 8
Skills : Loner, Block, Claws, Dodge, Frenzy
Cost : 340,000 GP

Reason: ''