Werewolf roster

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rhyoth
Veteran
Veteran

Werewolf roster

Post by Rhyoth »

Hello everyone.

Next season, my league will include a werewolf team.
However, we still don't fully agree on whiat the roster should be.

For now, we're kinda stuck at this point :

0-16 : Half Blood : 6 3 3 8 - G : none : 50.000 GP
0-4 : Hunter (or Tracker) : 8 3 3 7 - G A : Frenzy, Shadowing : 90.000 GP
0-2 : Ulfwerenerer : 6 4 2 8 - G S : Fenzy : 110.000 GP
0-2 : Werewolf : 8 3 3 8 - G A : Claw, Frenzy, Regeneration : 120.000 GP

Reroll : 60.000 GP
Apo : Yes

(this rostered is based on an already existing roster, which has a "7 3 3 8 - GA : Guard / 100k" player instead of Ulfs)

We would really appreciate your raw opinions on this one.

Thanks in advance.

PS : i know it's obviously not the first team with that concept, but i'd like a post-LRB 5 perspective here.

Reason: ''
gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Werewolf roster

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

for me, the team has only one reason to take it: It is fast. But i think it is much weaker than most of the other teams, although there might be a problem to boost it.
With MA8 in 6 players, the team can play a good running game, that's for sure. But that's it!
They have no passers, they have no strong players with at least 9 AV, they do not have catchers, they have no block or Dodge from the beginning, they have no big guys.
For me the team misses the atmosphere, that some other teams have.

The linos are the average, standard lineman. There is nothing wrong about them.
The hunters are of course good players, but they are expensive and besides ma8, with their av7 and no skills, it's going to be a hard time for them.
The ulfs! That's one of the main problems, i think. Giving them 2 werners with av8 and the only one to have strength access, the team has never that backup, that a Necro team for example has.
The werewolfs as the blitzers are good players, for sure.

So my problem are the expensive/weak hunters and the werners. Perhaps you should think about giving the hunters ma7 and Dodge, making them 80k, while the ulfs should totally change to a different kind of player. Perhaps think about giving them a big guy. Nearly every team has access to at least 4 times Strength OR has ag4.
The idea for new teams comes up very often and most of the new ideas are in somehow unique. Making them a Necro team, wouldn't help the idea. Perhaps you should think about 0-2 hunters and 0-4 ulfs ????

Greets,
gan

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

go 0-4 on the Ulf's and then you're done in my opinion

I like the look and feel of this team...

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

the team is still too expensive. 6 players above 100k and still 2/4 with 90k. No other team has such expensive players in comparison to the skills they have.
I still do not think, the team is good the way it is.

Greets,
gan

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Yes, but don't forget you are not looking for every team to be good...

This would happily sit tier 2 until later TV's at which point it could get scary.

not every team should be "out-of-the-box" ready to beat Dwarves/Humans/Orcs

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

that is true. I would prefer to give them some safety though.
0-2 Hunters with 7338 Wrestle GAP for 90k would be an option
0-16 Lineman 6338 Fend G for 60k
0-4 Ulfwerener
0-1 Bloody Beast 5519 Wild Animal, Frenzy, Juggernaut, Disturbing Presence S for ... (well, I don't know how much for that, 140k?)

There are a lot of options.

Greets,
gan

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

interesting slant

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

but that is a little too like the Norse for my taste and you have deleted teh Werewolves from the Roster...

I would keep the Hunters as AV7 although wrestle is an option.

fend on the linemen doesn't really fit as they are supposed to be one step off a Lycan...

the Snow troll is fun but I would rather keep the 0-2 Werewolves.

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

A custom team shouldn't be designed to be good, it should be desigend to be something different from the official teams. It shouldn't be a team that you take to win but because you want a challenge and something different.
So with that said I would have wanted the Halfbloods to begin with frenzy. That would give the team much more character. And it would make a big challenge to play :)

Praise Nuffle!
gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

i meant something like: Take the old roster and modify it for example with the following.

0-2 Hunters with 7338 Wrestle GAP for 90k would be an option
OR
0-16 Lineman 6338 Fend G for 60k
OR
0-4 Ulfwerener
OR
0-1 Bloody Beast 5519 Wild Animal, Frenzy, Juggernaut, Disturbing Presence S for ... (well, I don't know how much for that, 140k?)

Sorry if this appears to be the roster :D

Greets,
gan

Rhyoth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rhyoth »

Thanks for the feedbacks (and sorry if i'm late to answer, damn World Cup):
It looks like we tend to agree on one point : this roster lacks raw strenght.

Before anything else, i'm sorry guys, but it appears i mis-translate the Hunter's name :roll: : Tracker would be a more adequate translation.
To avoid any confusion, i will refer to him as Hunter/Tracker for now.
(BTW, if you have any better name for any of those guy, you're welcome).

1) While i like the ideas of 0-4 Ulfs OR a Big Guy*, it seems the roster's price will explode : maybe we need to redraw Half Blood so they could be cheaper ?
6337 - G + poor skill for 40 k ?
7 3 2 7 - G for 30/40 k ? (or 6328 ?)

2) Almost everyone has limited Hunter/Tracker to 0-2 (if you kept it) : i guess the roster don't deserve to have 4 of this guys (+2 true Werewolf), am I correct ?
In this case, instead of a Big guiy/more Ulfs, what do you think of another affordable positionnal, like :

"true" Hunter : 7 3 3 7 - G S : Frenzy, Wrestle : 80 k (gandresch's Hunter, +Frenzy, but - AV)
or
Young Blood : 7 3 3 7 - G S : Frenzy, Dauntless : 80 k

note : still, S skills does not feel right here, especially for Young Blood, but maybe it will fit with a better name/concept ?

-> duckwing : your concept is very quite fun ... but too Hardcore for me and my pals (that's why we kept the quite odd concept of "Half Blood"). Thanks anyway

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

I like the True Hunter, the AV7 makes him vunerable but he will play quite aggressively
The Ulfs should be 0-4 and the half-bloods are fine as is.

the team will start out very weak but will become good at medium to high TV, although with AV7 still open to culling.

gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

just something about the price of the positions. A Norse Runner has 7337 Block Dauntless at the cost fo 90k. I don't see a reason, why 7337 with 2 skills should be cheaper. Human blitzers have 7338 Block and cost 90k, too.
6337 G for the linos is a good thing at the cost of 40k.

Greets,
gan

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

I would say Block's offensive and defensive strengths are worth the extra 10k as is the AV on the Human Blitzer

Rhyoth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rhyoth »

gandresch wrote: just something about the price of the positions. A Norse Runner has 7337 Block Dauntless at the cost fo 90k. I don't see a reason, why 7337 with 2 skills should be cheaper. Human blitzers have 7338 Block and cost 90k, too.
6337 G for the linos is a good thing at the cost of 4
Like voyagers_uk said, as a starting skillset, i think Frenzy+Wrestle does not match Block+Dauntless, especially in a roster full of Frenzied players.

Also, one of my coach is trying to include some true Wolf in the roster, but we still have some problem to design it :
Basic Profile : 6 3 3 7 (but we may increase MV/AG/AV)
Skills : Sure Feet (four legged player)+ No Hand (+ optionnal Frenzy)

At first, it was supposed to be a positionnal, but i'm wondering if we can make it a "linewolf" instead...
WDYT ?

NB : if you have alterantive names for players, we'd be glad to hear it, even for already existing players :
we hate the Nordic/Necromantic thing, and, as French people, we have some trouble to pronounce Urflnf.. Uflener...
Urlefw................ the previous name of Nordic Werewolves ( :blue: )