Extra MVP and Extra Winnings

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Beaux1980
Rookie
Rookie

Extra MVP and Extra Winnings

Post by Beaux1980 »

We just implemented for 400 pts of inducements the ability to add a second MVP to your team for the game at hand. Also, there is the same option for 400 pts of inducements you can add a second 1d6 of winnings.

We felt this can help teams get competative faster. We found that MOST of the time, teams that are 400 pts or more behind, do not win the game, and can in fact be torn apart. This is a great way to catch those teams up in less games. They may not win a lot to start, but they become competative much quicker.

Reason: ''
Commissioner of the Kalamazoo Ultimate Blood Bowl League
http://www.kalamazoo.bloodbowlleague.com
mage75
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Extra MVP and Extra Winnings

Post by mage75 »

I think you'll get shouted down from people saying that inducements are only supposed to affect the current game, but I think that if you have a wide spread of TV across your league with relatively few players, it's a great solution. As long as everyone is having fun at the end of the day, it's all good. The coach makes the decision that they are going to have to survive this match, but the trade-off is another MVP (hopefully not on the dead guy) or some money (to replace the dead guy). Let us know how this plays out - as I am guessing that with massive TV differences, it won't make that big an adjustment in the long run, but provides more options for the coaches involved.

No doubt the overdog's will be happy to see these options taken rather than Morg taking the field against them, again...

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

The worrying fact is the first conclusion that teams with over 400k of inducements don't win the games and should therefore forfeit their inducement to lower their chance to win even more.

If you want to help a team with lower TV why not house rule cheaper inducements? It seems that your approach will only favour building team:
- the overdog has a walk in the park for more injuries/TDs so they continue SPPing up
- the underdog just wait until the end, knowing that he lost and just trying to build his team.

I personally have fun in BB while on the pitch and trying to overcome the challenge of a higher TV team, rather than waiting for the clock to go while my team strugles. It seems that the goal of this rule is to be able to look at a shiny new skill you'd nailed on the roster after turn 16 thanks with a free MVP... although levelling up is fun, playing to win should be the incentive here!

If your league see players struggling with TV difference (which in itself is another discussion) why not house rule that all SP cost 50k less?

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Greyhound wrote:The worrying fact is the first conclusion that teams with over 400k of inducements don't win the games and should therefore forfeit their inducement to lower their chance to win even more.
I agree. Most of the time, picking the right inducements and a little luck is what is needed to beat higher TV teams. My rookie halfling team (TV 750) just won a game versus a human team (TV 1860) 3-2. It can be done.

Being the underdog this season, I wouldn't give up my inducements for anything. My team is progressing nicely and every game I am able to induce at least Deeproot & a Master Chef. My record this season is W:3, L:1 & T:1.

Lamanzer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lamanzer »

In a perpetual league, we have tested a second MVP for 200k of inducements and that's not good, This 200k are really missing on the pitch.

To solve the problem we have added a second MVP roll for free during 10 games (some teams have more than 40 games played...).

Others things were done for new teams:
- 1150k to create a new team
- The first five games, they can reroll winnings.
- There is also a "Trauma doc" during five games. This doc can save a player from an injury after the game.

(We are not playing in an open league: we have a schedule. So it's very difficult to restart or to begin in this league. Our main purpose is to have a balanced league. A scrapped team after 3 games is not what we want)

[url=http://pagesperso-orange.fr/akc/bbindex.htm]Ligue Centrale de Blood Bowl[/url]
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I see the motivation behind your free MVP idea, but you should put a cost to it. Like, 100k inducement value only if you're a 400k underdog, or 150k inducement value? I agree that 200k is too much, and that you don't want 100k underdogs picking it up. But you don't want to be giving free MVPs to Dwarf teams just because their final roster cost (before improvements) peaks out at 1.12M.

For cash, we have this inducement:

FREE BEER: By merchandising hard and offering giveaways, you buy the sympathy of your fans. For 100k, you get FAME 1 for the match, instead of your calculated FAME. For 150k, you may add +1 to your FAME, limit FAME 2. This does not affect your opponent's FAME.

In practice:
FAME 0 to 1: 100k
FAME 1 to 2: 150k
FAME 0 to 2: 250k

For MVPs, we've been talking about this one but have yet to implement it.

Inspiration: One of your players has been working out and practicing hard, or maybe he's just suddenly gotten better at what he does. Inspiration costs 250k, and may not be taken with Petty Cash. Nominate a player, and give that player a new normal skill for this match only. Record an MVP for the player; the player is not eligible for the team MVP at the end of the match. Work out any improvements the MVP may yield in the post-match sequence, as normal. It is possible that the player may use Inspiration to get one skill for the match, then improve into a different one after the match.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.