Negative traits and Doubles

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Long_Bomb
Veteran
Veteran

Negative traits and Doubles

Post by Long_Bomb »

There was a time when a doubles roll would allow a player to remove a negative trait. I liked the fact that it made it possible with some luck to build a Big Guy with the same profile as one of the Star Players. It also gave some hope to Vampire and Ogre teams. I would be tempted to add this as a House Rule but I can’t help feeling there was a reason it was removed in the first place. Does anyone think with the current CRP this addition would make Big Guy teams too powerful?

Reason: ''
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Negative traits and Doubles

Post by Tourach »

Surely would make the vampire team a lot better, imho...

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

too good imho.
Same with Ogres.
Which is why the option was removed.
The stars are meant to be absolutely exceptional individuals.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

you could do it as house rule just for a 12, son you will have the choice of extra 1ST or removing it,... ¿what to do? :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :orc:

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

I also think that a house rule like this should only make it possible to remove nega-traits on a 12, with the value of 50k.

Of course, all nega-traits shouldn't be possible to remove either. Only Bone-head, Really Stupid and Wild Animal. Bloodlust, Decay and Secret Weapon shouldn't be removable at all.

Praise Nuffle!
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

duckwing wrote:I also think that a house rule like this should only make it possible to remove nega-traits on a 12, with the value of 50k.

Of course, all nega-traits shouldn't be possible to remove either. Only Bone-head, Really Stupid and Wild Animal. Bloodlust, Decay and Secret Weapon shouldn't be removable at all.
Why not decay and Bloodlust? Ramtut and the count don't have those traits.

I do think it would make some players too powerful, but remember with a double you can give a big guy pro which does go soem way to alleviate the trait.

the 50K idea is interesting, the big guy players still have loner but ogre teams and vamps don't so that wpuld be a bit nasty. Mind you both those teams are quite weak so for them it might not be so game breaking.

Wood elves with a no take root tree or Orcs with a non-really stupud troll would be pretty nasty.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
SixNapoleons
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SixNapoleons »

I too like the idea of it being theoretically possible to build players resembling the existing star players. In my own league, I'm considering allowing it instead of any stat increase.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I have agreed before and still do that it is okay making a roll of a 12 be: +1 ST or remove one Negative Skill. With either being a 50k improvement to the player.

Bone-head, Wild Animal, Really Stupid, Always Hungry, Take Root, Bloodlust, and Decay would all be eligible for this.

I like it as a house rule for a league.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Long_Bomb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Long_Bomb »

Well if Galak endorses the double-six rule I would be tempted to introduce it to a league. All I need now are some loaded dice and I could have an awesome team of Vampires.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I suppose some one needs to define 'negative traits' and make a list for this, seeing as removing something like secret weapon would make goblins broken. Or a looney with hands.

Wild animal
Decay
Blood lust
Bonehead
Really stupid
Always hungry (?)
Take root
Loner
Hobgoblin

Did I miss any?
Maybe it could 'reduce' the skill to a better equivalent? Say really stupid becomes bonehead. An orc team would be broken with four ST4 and one ST5 no negatrait pieces.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

50k is a lot of value you are adding for this. The figure still has Loner normally or if you take off Loner they still have the other nega-trait.

Why? is Hobgoblin on the list?

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Because being a hobgoblin is a negatrait in of itself :wink:

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

GalakStarscraper wrote:50k is a lot of value you are adding for this. The figure still has Loner normally or if you take off Loner they still have the other nega-trait
Tom

True, 20k increase? Same as a regular skill. A big guy does have to give up a chance at block to do it.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

50K or not possible.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Well it makes a bloodlustless vampire 160k, a smart troll 160k,190k for a genius beast of nurgle and 200k for a loner less minotaur. E.t.c

A couple bloodlustless vampires can make a vampire team broken and its worth the TV.
But with a one in 6 chance of getting a double, wildly increased TV and forsaking a reguar double skill on you big guy do you think 50k's worth it?

I wouldn't mind a 40k increase, its not a bloodweiser babe worth of inducment value. A small picky change I know but what do you think about 40k?