SPP for crowd surfing?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

SPP for crowd surfing?

Post by MKL »

Hi all.

The coaches of my league propose this house rule to modify the “crowd surf” rule.
Players get normal SPP for cas made pushing players off the pitch.
The crowd-push do not ignore AV, but break armour on a 8+ (like Claws), and the attacking player can use MB on the AV/Injury roll

As commissioner, do you think there are reasons I should veto this rule?

Note: my question is not “do you like this rule?”. Every proposal is voted by the league coaches, they gonna choose if they like it or not. I got veto right for proposal who mess too much with the rules. Is there some pitfall I must be aware?
In particular, I don't know the specific rationale behind the "crowd ignore AV" rule (outside blood&fun, obviously :orc: ).

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: SPP for crowd surfing?

Post by inkpwn »

I would edit it so you get 1 spp for the push into the crowd, but not the casualty. The crowd does the work in that regard. But I'm sure your player deserves a biscuit for surfing someone. We get 1 spp in our league for knocking over the ball carrier and a 1.s.p.p reward seem sensible and balanced to me. Otherwise the norse are going to have to learn some new more rewarding set ups ;)

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

The rule change will hurt the less bashy teams.

As it stands players have the same chance of being hurt but under this rule the bashers will have more chance of gaining cas and SPP's since they can add MB (what happens with piling on?).

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

spubbbba wrote:The rule change will hurt the less bashy teams.

As it stands players have the same chance of being hurt but under this rule the bashers will have more chance of gaining cas and SPP's since they can add MB
Yeah, maybe you are right.
But I was wondering if that rule was a boon to the agility team:
players without access to MB/Claws can skill faster (Witch Elves, for example),
and in general there are less cas/ko ("Claw"+MB is more forgiving than no AV).
spubbbba wrote: (what happens with piling on?).
In the proposal, Piling On cannot be used (the idea is that the target player can be punched hard by the M-Blower, but is out of reach once fallen in the crowd).

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

inkpwn wrote:I would edit it so you get 1 spp for the push into the crowd, but not the casualty. The crowd does the work in that regard. But I'm sure your player deserves a biscuit for surfing someone (...)
Excuse me Inkpwn: are you speaking about awarding 1 spp for every crowd-push?
Irrespective of cas/ko/reserve outcome?

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

yes he does a lot of leagues want to award SPP for just about anything for coaches to see their team develop faster :)

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

MKL wrote: In the proposal, Piling On cannot be used (the idea is that the target player can be punched hard by the M-Blower, but is out of reach once fallen in the crowd).
Although...the visual image of the dude coming over the top Jimmy Superfly Snooka style as the crowd is beating the piss out of him is pretty entertaining.

Coachbalrog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Coachbalrog »

In our table top league we used this rule:

Pushing Players Into the Crowd:

If a player pushes another into the crowd, the blocker may follow his victim into the crowd (to beat on him some more). Roll for injury as normal on the victim, including any modifiers by the blocker (Mighty Blow, Claw, etc). If the victim is injured then the blocker receives the casualty SPPs. Of course the blocker also gets injured by the crowd.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Yikes, that seems far to risky to me.

Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

No reward without risk Mr Ink

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

Greyhound wrote: yes he does a lot of leagues want to award SPP for just about anything for coaches to see their team develop faster :)
Oh, well, my fellow coaches are thinking about “1spp” for every KO...

@inkpwn: I think 1 spp for every crowd-push is too much for my liking (and, in my league, I are the main crowd-pusher. If I propose something like this, they will hang me :wink: )

@Burgun824 & Balrog: I will propose that a player can use Piling-On on an opponent pushed in the crowd, but the blocker must follow the victim the crowd. The “Jimmy Snuka” image is too good to miss :orc:

Still, nobody knows the rationale behind the "crowd ignore AV" rule? ????

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

MKL wrote: Still, nobody knows the rationale behind the "crowd ignore AV" rule? ????
It's a gang foul with 30,000 assists. :D

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
anc001
Experienced
Experienced

Post by anc001 »

I prefer the 1SPP for the push, because the player caused the pushout, but he didn't cause the actual casualty other than setting up the opportunity.

In my league in preseason games players get 1SPP for a KO, crowd push and successful foul to help new teams to skill up and to give new coaches something to show for their efforts if they haven't got the hang of scoring yet, etc.

estyles
Rookie
Rookie

Post by estyles »

1 SPP for a crowd push seems like kind of a big reward for relatively little effort. Me, I'd be happy if you could roll for Armour Break normally on a knockdown result into the crowd. If you succeed, you should get the SPP's as normal if there's a casualty. If you fail, or if it was just a push result, then the crowd would break armour anyway and you get no SPP's.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

We have a "Dirty Casualty" category that awards 1SPP for getting a Casualty result on a foul, crowd-push or block-replacement action (Stab or Chainsaw). It seems to work fine.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.