Ties as losses for postseason seeding

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: Ties as losses for postseason seeding

Post by mattgslater »

Hee hee. The Skaven team in my league's Championship conference refuses to play my Basic conference Orcs until the Orcs get within 270k of them, because they're terrified of Ripper. They don't even have any Tackle or Stand Firm yet (though they do have MB on all the Blitzers), but that coach is just horrified of endless Mighty Blow line chains.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Ah... because I have removed the random MVP with nominated and selected players. Even if the coach does not want the MVP to go to his 'golden' boy I say, whoa this player has done outstanding work of course he has to go in. The way up the pros and cons.

If you will the spirit of sportsmanship. Exceptional plays etc.

So in doing so I shunted the the apoth to a post match sequence (it can be used in game).

Most of our teams will go to OT if they had to because the league is about a ladder climb and wins. Only in exceptional circumstance have coaches have delined OT but not based on the game... they just need to get home for a reason.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

We do a few things like that. We let you reroll your MVP, but you have to take the new roll.

We're debating a rule that says you can use your Apothecary after the match to remove a MNG from a player who would be missing the next match. One guy thinks we should make it more old-school and also let you use next match's Apothecary the same way.

But still, there's little overtime. There was almost OT in one game last week; it was looking like a 2-2 tie between the league's Dark Elves (half this guy's games have gone to ties or OT) and this new coach borrowing my High Elf team. Both teams wanted to go for overtime if the game ended 2-2, but then the trailing team couldn't hold onto the ball and lost 2-1.

Moreover, I never get overtime. When people tie me in my league, they usually post it on facebook. There's no way anybody's risking the glory of a tie for the uncertainty of OT.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.