VLL +1 to TTM/RS roll, whaddaya think?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: VLL +1 to TTM/RS roll, whaddaya think?

Post by legowarrior »

But why does it have to be a B skill?

Reason: ''
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Because otherwise you really alter the curve. There are already two top Agility skills; adding more makes elf-types very, very powerful.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

You say that, but what are you basing that assumption on? Are you suggesting that a mild improvement to a skill like Sure Feet will suddenly made it popular for Elves, over Dodge, Block, Leap, Kick, Side Step, Wrestle, Fend, Frenzy, Dauntless and Tackle?

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I think there are 10 A skills.
A lot of B skills.
And a few C skills.

IMO if you start buffing B skills, you might as well buff all of them. And the C skills. Big rewrite.

The sensible thing to do is either nerf the A skills or buff the C skills. Or both.

I'd happily tinker with buffing C skills - for house rule purposes.
Every time you try to push B into the A category, you run the risk of overshooting.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

plasmoid wrote:Every time you try to push B into the A category, you run the risk of overshooting.
I'm not sure I agree with the rest of it, but this is spot-on.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.