VLL +1 to TTM/RS roll, whaddaya think?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chosen Warrior
Rookie
Rookie

VLL +1 to TTM/RS roll, whaddaya think?

Post by Chosen Warrior »

Or do you think this would make 1TTD too powerful for CP/UW teams?

Enough acronyms for you? :orc:

I think +1 to the landing roll would be in line with it giving +1 to Leap.

A passblocking, leaping, throwable halfing star player would need to be created of course. He could have a niggling injury from all the abuse he's taken in games he's played.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: VLL +1 to TTM/RS roll, whaddaya think?

Post by Darkson »

I think there should be a landing skill, but a new one, not an addition to a existing skill.

If it had to be an addition to a skill, Sure Feet imo, but with a line that said "If Sure Feet is used to reroll a Landing roll, it cannot be used to reroll a failed GFI in the same turn".

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

I like that Sure Feet idea.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
Kort
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Kort »

Darkson wrote:I think there should be a landing skill, but a new one, not an addition to a existing skill.

If it had to be an addition to a skill, Sure Feet imo, but with a line that said "If Sure Feet is used to reroll a Landing roll, it cannot be used to reroll a failed GFI in the same turn".
Brilliant. I second that.

Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

Thirded!

It makes sense from a fluff point of view. Not sure on a balance point of view though.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

It's an idea I've always liked.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

Sure feet could allow reroll for GFI, landing a leap, or landing a TTM, but as with any refill skill, usable once per turn.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Not a fan of allowing rerolled leaps. I think that might make Wardancers and Slann catchers too good.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

I love the sure feet part. Fully up for that. It's not like it would tip the balance of power for them stunties. Agreed, like any other rr skill only once per turn.

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

Thadrin wrote:Not a fan of allowing rerolled leaps. I think that might make Wardancers and Slann catchers too good.
IMO it fits with allowing the rerolled landing.

Not disagreeing that those players get better, but in particular in the case of the Slann Catcher, he really needs other skills much more than sure feet. Block and Dodge, maybe kickoff return, etc.

Sure feet would be much more useful on the linefrogs as a third skill.

Wardancers.....meh. The wood elf player's saving his TRR for that leap anyways, so he's already rerolling it.

MeatLoafX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MeatLoafX »

Thadrin wrote:Not a fan of allowing rerolled leaps. I think that might make Wardancers and Slann catchers too good.
As a Slann coach and avid Slann fan (by far my favorite team), I agree with you.

Listen to www.threedieblock.com - Your Blood Bowl Podcast
Ullis
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ullis »

nick_nameless wrote:Wardancers.....meh. The wood elf player's saving his TRR for that leap anyways, so he's already rerolling it.
If he has a RR left to begin with. And if the RR is used on the leap roll, then the elf player is not rerolling something else.

garion

Post by garion »

To the OP i'd say no if you had long legs then they would hurt even more when you land.

But I would haev liked it if JU was only +1 to the ag roll instead of +2 and if VLL gave you +1 to the jump up roll as well. Then there would be a little bit more incentive to take the skill and it wouldnt knack up Slann blitzers.

It would stop the killingest players from being able to jump up quite so effectively as well :)

Alu-Cinator
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Alu-Cinator »

Darkson wrote:I think there should be a landing skill, but a new one, not an addition to a existing skill.

What a great idea!

+1 !)

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Maybe the other way to do it is from the big guy's perspective. Perhaps change TTM so an accurate TTM attempt adds +1 to the landing attempt? Or include a skill that allows the player to subtract the RS player's ST from the die (after rolling, like any bonus skill) to add +2 to the landing attempt, or to only scatter the player once?

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.