Nehekhara Regionals

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

RamonSalazar
Rookie
Rookie

Nehekhara Regionals

Post by RamonSalazar »

Welcome to Nehekhara Regionals!
Where all the major cities participate! All the ethnicity of the Land of the Dead is represented in a tournament that will be held in the spirit of the ancient traditions! The ancient kings had enough that their fate is the eternal suffering instead of the eternal glory in afterlife, and they organized a tournament, where you can see a football, which is nowhere else in the world! Welcome visitor, probably you will not leave this land alive, but if you can see just one match here in Nehekhara, I assure you that is worth to offer your life for it! Let us see the glorious participants coached by one of the wisest Liche Priest around:

Khemri: The capital, home of the greatest tomb kings who were mummified with the best technology of the ancient times which makes them not to decay and be able to get general skills by normal rolls. Since they like to dominate the field, so they only let less skilled mates on their side, except their best champions.
0-16 Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Regeneration G/ASP 30000
0-2 Thrower 5 3 2 7 Sure Hands, Pass, Regeneration GP/AS 70000
0-2 Champion 6 3 2 8 Block, Regeneration GS/AP 90000
0-4 Tomb King 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow, Regeneration GS/AP 120000

Zandri: The port city, and the second most powerful city politically. King Amenemhetum's ships sail the coast, as he continues to raid the world, rowed by skeleton slaves. The desert is also home of the fearsome inhabitants of Zandri. The proud Kings and Princes of Zandri also like to dominate in the game and only let poorer players as mates.
0-2 Thrower 5 3 2 7 Sure Hands, Pass, Regeneration GP/AS 70000
0-1 Slave 3 7 2 7 Ball & Chain, No Hands, Regeneration, Secret Weapon S/GAP 70000
0-2 Tomb Prince 4 5 1 9 Decay, Regeneration S/GAP 100000
0-2 Tomb King 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow, Regeneration GS/AP 120000

Numas: In Numas, life has returned to the desert and once again crops around the city, and over many centuries the pyramids have been restored to the former glory. The Scythans were once a nomad tribe who came to Numas to worship their god. They believe that Prince of Numas is a manifestation of their god and so have dedicated themselves to his service. In return the nomads are allowed to live in the city under the protection of soldiers who do not sleep.
0-16 Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASP 40000
0-4 Scythan 6 3 3 8 Fend G/ASP 60000
0-4 Tomb Guard 5 3 2 8 Guard, Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASP 90000
0-2 Ushabti 5 4 1 9 Juggernaut, Regeneration GS/AP 100000

Quatar: Guardian-city of the mountains. It is famed for its towering statues many of which are colossal representations of the kings and gods. Now a powerful priest can bring the statues to life. These great stone guardians are the Ushabtis, who are now here to play football for the glory of Quatar! You probably know one of them already, the star player Setekh!
0-2 Thrower 6 3 2 7 Sure Hands, Pass, Regeneration GP/AS 70000
0-2 Tomb Guard 5 3 2 8 Guard, Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASP 90000
0-4 Ushabti 5 4 1 9 Juggernaut, Regeneration GS/AP 100000

Mahrak: City of Decay. City of Hope. There are almost no sources of Mahrak.
0-2 Thrower 6 3 2 7 Sure Hands, Pass, Regeneration GP/AS 70000
0-4 Tomb Prince 4 5 1 9 Decay, Regeneration S/GAP 100000

Lahmia: Cursed city to the far east, where vampirism first took hold. Usually ruled by queens but there were also some great lahmian kings, one of them was Lahmizaar. Although the vampires were wiped out from Lahmia long ago, the Tomb Queens drew some of the knowledge of Neferata. The Liche Priests in Lahmia gained the secret of changeing the strength of a dead to speed and agility. One of the famous star player from them is Humerus Carpal, although he mastered himself to be a catcher.
0-2 Runner 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Regeneration A/GSP 70000
0-2 Tomb Guard 5 3 2 8 Guard, Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASP 90000
0-4 Tomb Queen 5 4 2 8 Decay, Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration GS/AP 100000

Lybaras: It is one of the furthest cities from Khemri, on the eastern side of the Worlds Edge Mountains, about 1500 miles distant. It is a city of scholars and engineers, who were responsible to construct the Tomb Scorpions and Bone Giants by powering them with steam, pulleys, and magic. The Liche Priests of Lybaras mastered the ancient knowledge and able to give special parts to them which makes the creatures able to gain special skills for the football. Rarely they are also able to fuse the bones even in weird ways.
0-16 Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASPM 40000
0-1 Chainsaw 5 3 2 7 Chainsaw, Secret Weapon, Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASPM 70000
0-1 Bomber 5 3 2 7 Bombardier, Hail Mary Pass, Secret Weapon, Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASPM 80000
0-2 Ushabti 5 4 1 9 Juggernaut, Regeneration GS/AP 100000
0-2 Tomb Scorpion 6 4 1 8 Claws, No Hands, Regeneration, Grab, Wild Animal SM/GAP 100000
0-1 Bone Giant 2 6 1 9 Loner, Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Regeneration SM/GAP 130000

Rasetra: It is located in the south-eastern corner, roughly one thousand three hundred miles from Khemri and is surrounded by jungles. It was once a large city established by King Rakhash of Khemri as a defensive stronghold. Due to its distance from the centre of Nehekhara it was often the last city to be conquered by the major kings of the Nehekharan past. The inhabitants of Rasetra were known for their skill and savagery in battle, from years of fending off Lizardmen raiders. Their chariots were pulled by great jungle lizards, and they were known to use Thunder Lizards as beasts of war in larger battles. The city's proximity to the wilderness results the unique playing style of the Rasetra team, which makes it a fearsome opponent.
0-2 Skink 8 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty A/GSP 60000
0-1 Adept 8 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Dirty Player A/GSP 80000
0-2 Tomb Prince 4 5 1 9 Decay, Regeneration S/GAP 100000
0-1 Survivor 6 3 2 7 Regeneration, Side Step, Shadowing, Stab, Stakes G/ASP 110000
0-1 Kroxigor 6 5 1 9 Loner, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Bone Head, Prehensile Tail S/GAP 140000

All Re-Rolls costs 70k and none of the teams may hire an apothecary.

Notes:
  • The rosters were made based on the following bibliography: Warhammer Army Book: Tomb Kings (6th ed.), HammerWiki, Lexicanum: The unofficial Warhammer Encyclopedia, Liber Necris: The Book of Death in the Old World, Blood Bowl Competition Rules Pack (m750496a), Unofficial Warhammer Army Book: Araby
  • As you might notice I have changed the names of Mummys, Tomb Guardians, Blitz-Ras, and Thro-Ras. It was done to make the rosters more compatible to the Warhammer World (I know that Blood Bowl world and Warhammer world are not the same), and because of THIS argument, which I totally agree with.
  • You might notice there are no Bhagar and Ka-Sabar rosters, although this two cities is within the border towers of Nehekhara. This is due to the unofficial Araby Army Book and the lack of sources to make me able to determine if those are undead cities or not. Most probably these are arabian cities. More information is welcomed. However, I plan to expand the regional rosters to Araby soon, and include this two cities somehow. After that you can play Araby-Nehekhara tournaments!
  • As you might notice you can find both the LRB4 Khemri and the CRP Khemri teams in the roster pool.
  • Costs were determined with THIS tool.
  • I plan to design unique Star Players to each city soon, ideas are welcomed.
  • I remember a weather table for a Khemri home stadium, but I can't find it at the moment. I would be glad if someone would post it, so we can adapt it to the Nehekhara Regionals.
Any opinions, critics, ideas, feedbacks are welcomed!

EDIT1: G access for Zandri Tomb King. G access for Ushabti.

Reason: ''
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Nehekhara Regionals

Post by MKL »

Impressive background research. Chapeau!
Have you already used/playtested it?
Are you thinking league or tournament?
RamonSalazar wrote: Lybaras: It is one of the furthest cities from Khemri, on the eastern side of the Worlds Edge Mountains, about 1500 miles distant. It is a city of scholars and engineers, who were responsible to construct the Tomb Scorpions and Bone Giants by powering them with steam, pulleys, and magic. The Liche Priests of Lybaras mastered the ancient knowledge and able to give special parts to them which makes the creatures able to gain special skills for the football. Rarely they are also able to fuse the bones even in weird ways.
0-16 Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASPM 40000
0-1 Chainsaw 5 3 2 7 Chainsaw, Secret Weapon, Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASPM 70000
0-1 Bomber 5 3 2 7 Bombardier, Hail Mary Pass, Secret Weapon, Thick Skull, Regeneration G/ASPM 80000
0-2 Ushabti 5 4 1 9 Juggernaut, Regeneration S/GAP 100000
0-2 Tomb Scorpion 6 4 1 8 Claws, No Hands, Regeneration, Grab, Wild Animal SM/GAP 100000
0-1 Bone Giant 2 6 1 9 Loner, Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Regeneration SM/GAP 130000
For what's worth, my money on the Lybaras: in the land of Mummies, hail mary bombers are kings :lol:

RamonSalazar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RamonSalazar »

Thanks, I redesigned them couple of times when something new came up from their fluff.

We will plan to playtest it soon with some friends.

I think a round-robin tournament fits the best for them.

Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

Only four AG3 positions in an entire League... I love it. Khemri are next on my list - if I can find some good models to represent them - thanks to the awesome background around them that I've always been a fan of.

This would, probably, be the lowest scoring (but highest attended) tournament in BB history. My money is on Numas.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

RamonSalazar wrote: Any opinions, critics, ideas, feedbacks are welcomed!
Since you are asking :D

Note: I'm assuming that these teams will only play against each other, no need to balance with normal crp teams.

Khemri, with G-access on mummies is cool. Maybe too much (see below).
Zandri is a bit weak, especially in comparison to Khemri (a Secret weapon is not enough to compensate for weaker and fewer Mummies).
The same for Mahrak: unless -maybe- in tournament, I fear they did not compare to Khemri.
Numas and Quatar: short term/tourney they are strong (starting Guard). Have you any idea how they fare on the long run without S5? S-only access on the S4 Ushabti maybe is too much of an handicap.
Lahmia: interesting. I cannot foresee how effective is spammed Hypno-Gaze on ag2 players.
Lybaras seems a lot of fun: I think (hope?) their obvious strengths (claw, M-access) are balanced by the worst ball carrier of all Nehekara. They compare well enough to the strong Khemri.
Rasetra is very strong (ma8), but in a league the lack of apothecary for their S2-av7 ball carriers is a problem.

I'm with Ulthuan_Express: I love this league :orc:

RamonSalazar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RamonSalazar »

Thanks for the Feedback MKL and Ulthuan_Express!

First, you are right, the Ushabtis probably need G access, I correct them.

As for Khemri: Since this is the Capital, I want them to be superior than others. It is the LRB4 Khemri roster btw.

As for Mahrak: I wanted to include the CRP Khemri roster somehow. Yes, Khemri was nerfed for the new ruleset, but I think an old-vs new matchup is interesting. Who ever tested which is better? Strength vs mobility. There is very little informations about Mahrak besides its title, which is City of Decay. It fits the most for the current CRP Khemri roster.

Zandri is somewhere in between. I gave S access only to the Mummies to fit for the CRP Undead players. But you are right, compared to the Khemri roster, and considered it is the second most powerful city, they also need G access.

Lahmia has also an interesting playstyle I hope: By default they can gaze with 1/3 probability if there is nothing else they want to do except, for example, to stand up. And there are four of them.

The fluff of Numas is that the dead protects the living: So they have four human linemen with Fend which makes them to get less blocks. But the rest of the team must protect them, since they play with the ball.

Same for Rasetra, but they are fast, and maybe can score if things going worse.

Of course when we finish the first round-robin, the rosters will be rebalanced. Lets test 'em and share your experience! :)