Blood Bowl Roller Derby

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

The Gonk
Rookie
Rookie

Blood Bowl Roller Derby

Post by The Gonk »

I was digging through my old BB box and came across an ancient Roller Derby track I made for Blood Bowl. It's based on the board in the board game in Circus Maximus. The idea is that each lane has a max speed-- for example, the inside lane is max speed 4. Exceed that speed in the turn, and you'd have to make an AG roll to stay in the lane or slip out (or maybe even fall).

I never did much with it, but I always liked the idea of it!

Blood Bowl Roller Derby by The Gonk, on Flickr

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Blood Bowl Roller Derby

Post by inkpwn »

I don't really get it.... could you explain a little more?

I'm guessing you have to complete a number of laps and people ajacent to you can block you? But wouldn't gutter runners just win? If they took to the inside lane and only had to make a AG test then they would whizz past everyone. This would also be infuriating to play with 'really stupid' players.

The Gonk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Gonk »

inkpwn wrote:I'm guessing you have to complete a number of laps and people ajacent to you can block you? But wouldn't gutter runners just win? If they took to the inside lane and only had to make a AG test then they would whizz past everyone. This would also be infuriating to play with 'really stupid' players.
I don't see how Gutter Runners would be any worse in this than regular Blood Bowl. You can park your Troll on the inside lane and the GR would have to go around him.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

The Gonk wrote:I don't see how Gutter Runners would be any worse in this than regular Blood Bowl. You can park your Troll on the inside lane and the GR would have to go around him.
Hmmm, maybe use sequential movement and defensive blocking? 'Don't know... just brainstorming.... Multi-block becomes amusing....

Wish I had a clue on how to implement it all....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Inside lane Max Mv 4-outside lane Max Mv 9, treat any move over that as being like a go for it with a -1 for each additional mv above that (so trying to go 5 squares would be a 2+, 6 squares a 2+ then 3+ etc, Roll a natural 1 and you fall, roll a 1 after modification and you shift lane sideways. Dodge rolls for overtaking through Tacklezones, changing lanes costing a point of mv. kind of reminds me of the GW road racing game that I forget the name of, cars with guns and oil slicks etc.

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

kind of reminds me of the GW road racing game that I forget the name of, cars with guns and oil slicks etc.

Dark Future.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... Future.pdf

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

BillyDee wrote:
kind of reminds me of the GW road racing game that I forget the name of, cars with guns and oil slicks etc.

Dark Future.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... Future.pdf
That's the one, thanks.