The Heroic SPP

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

The Heroic SPP

Post by Afroman »

In one of my leagues, we tired of seeing the players do incredible feats while getting nothing for it.

So we decided that everytime a player succeeds with a 6+ roll (that would lead to a TO if failed) he gets oen SPP.

It doesn't happen often, but when you make a desperate play and dodge in 5 TZs, pick up the ball and get out of there, I think you deserve something.

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: The Heroic SPP

Post by sann0638 »

Like it - could also apply on the opponent's turn, eg catching a bouncing ball on a 6. As good as an interception, sometimes!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

I like nono love the idea but the mechanism needs to be worked out. Putting some thought into the idea wouldn't 1's in a critcal play mean removal of spps?

Great house rules though. I may suggest something similar to my league.

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
Nod_Hero
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Nod_Hero »

Quick Thought for framing this rule: Any successful sequence that requires 2 (maybe 3) or more natural 6's in a row on the same turn should be considered eligible for this House Rule.

3DB minion, Twitter maniac, Tumblr fan - That's me!
someone2040
Experienced
Experienced

Post by someone2040 »

How about a roll that requires a natural 6 to suceed, and the player does not get turned over.
The way I see it is, sure, an Ogre dodging into 3 tackle zones without BT is great, but means squat if he doesn't smash the ball carrier or worse, skulls out.
Or, my super duper Skink pass (Which has succeeded), I needed a 6 to pass in my game against Nurgle (not only was it max range, but smelly warriors nearby), doesn't mean jack if he's on target but the guy at the other end drops the ball, and the game ends like that (Luckily, my receiving skink did catch the ball, and prompty dodged out from a tackle zone and ran it over the line. Earning a potential life long enmity for the throwing skink from the opposing coach).

Of course, it can potentially be abused, as you may do something stupid, then decide not to further the risk because he got the 1spp point.

@Urb
I don't think you need to be penalized for a 1 though. Elves fail on 1's - i would like to say all the time, but i'll say - far less than they should (must be mixing those 1's into the armour rolls). Should they be penalized for that? A turn over is penalty enough most of the time for failure.

--SoMeoNe2040--
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

If a player had done so well, why not just elect him as MVP guy.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Smurf wrote:If a player had done so well, why not just elect him as MVP guy.
It's an Idea, but giving 5 SPP for one(because let's face it, a player won't try a 6+ roll very often) heroic action seems too much.

And besides, I've allways seen the MVP as a way for "unmotivated" players(those that doesn't do smack during the game) to get spps.

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Well outstanding performance means the player is the Man of the Match. Hence awarded the MVP (not additional).

We do not allow for random MVPs, we allow for nominated players to be elected by the opponent. I have heard some abuses for this and will say, this is not about what the coach wants it's what the player had done. IIRC some blitzer got 3 cas in a game and was not nominated but 3 cas is doing well. By and Large the team likes it.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)