'Faster' league progression.

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

'Faster' league progression.

Post by inkpwn »

I maybe become the commisioner for the next 'witchbowl' and I was trying to think of was of speeding up the league progression, as in more skills more money e.t.c
Best thing I could think of was combining a few ideas presented in the past, but would all these rules in the same league make it a bit OTT?

Mvp reduced to 3spp but you get 'up and coming' as well, a player can only get a 'up and coming' once and it too is worth 3spp.

The heroic SPP (thanks afroman), +1 spp for completing any action that requires you to roll a 6.

Sack, +1 spp for knocking over the ball carrier.

Extra MVP, you can sacrifice 350k(price reduced because of mvp reduction) worth of inducment for a second MVP from promoting your underdog match.

Right stuff negating tackle, to keep the flings alive. (Quite liking the idea now)

A 2d6 1d8 money system, rolled all at the same time winner gets to pick the highest and loser gets to pick from the two left. Re-rolleable.

It think it really favours stunty teams, which is nice.
Any ideas?

Reason: ''
Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Re: 'Faster' league progression.

Post by Urb »

We have a house rule where we can choose to randomly roll for mvp or only players that game that earned spps can get the mvp, still random ofcourse. We only play ~12 game type leagues where at the conclusion we retire the team. Allows for everyone to restart and stay fresh each and everytime with decient skill progression.

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
mage75
Experienced
Experienced

Post by mage75 »

How about "Under My Wing"

Any star player induced for your team randomly chooses one of your rostered team mates and shows them the tricks they have learned during their career.

At the end of the game calculate the SPPs that would have been earned by your Star Player, and transfer 50% of those SPPs to one (randomly chosen) rostered team mate.

I know it's not reasonable, maybe drop it to 25% - only just thought the idea up. What it does though, is stops Star Players from being SPP sinks, increasing progression for the underdog - so increases skill progression which was the intent of the ask here.

Just a suggestion...

By the way - I love the Heroic idea, and if we get our TT league going again I am going to suggest it !

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

I like the ideas.(Specially the Heroic one ;))

The only "problem" I see is that it will be a lot of extra things to keep track of during a game.

Actually there is one more thing I would like instead of having "Up and coming". Raise the MVP to 6 spp.
That way you would garantee a skill up on the first game even if you didn't manage to do anything right.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

inkpwn wrote:Mvp reduced to 3spp
That suggestion does seem to be counter to the aim.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

That was a worry but its how witchbowl has been doing it for a while. Just used to it I suppose. Standard 5 MVP + 3 spp up and coming? It is a lot to remember but I don't think its enough to overload a player.