Instead of wrestle

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

tussock
Rookie
Rookie

Instead of wrestle

Post by tussock »

Instead of having the wrestle skill, why not just change the result of both players having block to the wrestling result, both down, no armour rolls, no turnover unless carrying the ball.

So Block vs no skill = as block.
and Block vs Block = as wrestle.

Can't see it being much more useful that way, a little less useful to have blodge on your ball carrier as there's a more common counter to it, makes blitzers back into primary ball-strippers, block+guard loses some impact, big guys with block not quite so hard to take down.

Makes experienced front lines and cages fall over a bit more, without troubling their durability.

Am I missing any obvious problems? Replace Wrestle with Block on current players.

Reason: ''
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Instead of wrestle

Post by Tourach »

I like the rock, paper, scissors thing with wrestle and block. No need to make the wardancer even better tbh...

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
tussock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tussock »

Ah, it's the R/P/S mini-games that I don't like, ditto with Tackle and Dodge. Not as much of a problem on the field as in theory, but still. :oops:

Anyway, think I'll use it when I can. Wardancers lying on the ground in a cage waiting to be fouled off don't seem like they'll fair better to me, even if the heavies do have to pick the ball up again. If anything makes them stronger it's that a line of Blodge elves would make the Block+Guard parade lie down more often and leave more gaps to run in, as they do with wrestle+dodge, only it's not a poor pick against everyone else. Like Tackle vs Khemri.

Might just put Fend into the Strength category too. Not for the sake of hurting the AV 7 crowd (which it does), just because it's better thematically. Let the Woodies take Dodge as Nuffle intended, and the Skaven line be ground under the heel of every team to punish them for their endless one-turn touchdowns.
Quite happily take Fend on doubles with most Catchers, Blodge and Side-Step normally sufficing.

Also, Halflings, 5246, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty. Same price, and no Loner on the trees. :wink:

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

I like wrestle as it is.

TT play I'm trying to skill up my line with all of this

EP via PSP 6 of my line has wrestle.

Wrestle's advantage just makes block redundant in the AV7 game.

Block vs Block = no result
Wrestle vs Block = result.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)