thick hobgoblins

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

anc001
Experienced
Experienced

thick hobgoblins

Post by anc001 »

The fluff makes it pretty clear that hobgoblins are not all that bright, and I'd like to see this in the game too.
Obviously bonehead and really stupid are a bit much to inflict on the poor little fellows, so how about something a little less severe, like:

Thick.
After declaring a blitz, pass or handoff action roll a D6. On the roll of a 1 the player looses his action and tacklezones.

So therefore it is only the more complicated parts of the game that the poor thick hobbies have trouble with, not the basics like fouling, moving and blocking actions.

thoughts?

Reason: ''
Kuosa
Rookie
Rookie

Re: thick hobgoblins

Post by Kuosa »

In my opinion Hobos get their fair share of punishment as it is.

For fluff reasons I would give Thick to almost every blood bowl player. I don't believe dwarven players to be selected from the brightest of their society. And even for elves, skaven and other teams players I would say they are quite dumb, judging from the actions they sometimes take (-2d blocks, dodging into 3+ tackle zones, leaping into cages with AV7, etc.).

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

hobgoblins are not thick they are wicked! i rather give them the sneaky git for free in the free hobgoblin team some one posted a year or so ago.

At the chaos Dwarves team they are fine as they are.

someone2040
Experienced
Experienced

Post by someone2040 »

anc001 wrote:The fluff makes it pretty clear that hobgoblins are not all that bright, and I'd like to see this in the game too.
Eh, don't know where you're getting that from mate. Hobgoblins have always been pretty dastardly, wicked and backstabbing. It's why all other greenskins loathe them, because they betrayed them for the Chaos Dwarves.
Maybe you should start with handing out that nega-trait to Thralls :P.

Edit : Oh wow. Didn't realise the topic dated back 2 months. My bad for the thread bump :(.

--SoMeoNe2040--
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

someone2040 wrote:
anc001 wrote:The fluff makes it pretty clear that hobgoblins are not all that bright, and I'd like to see this in the game too.
Eh, don't know where you're getting that from mate. Hobgoblins have always been pretty dastardly, wicked and backstabbing. It's why all other greenskins loathe them, because they betrayed them for the Chaos Dwarves.
Maybe you should start with handing out that nega-trait to Thralls :P.
The original blood bowl fluff about hobgoblins predates the warhammer chaos dwarf fluff with the sneaky stabby hobgoblins. In blood bowl, hobgoblins were just idiots (and had nothing to do with chaos dwarfs who were a separate team).
That said, I quite like the idea of sneaky hobgobs too, so my favourite version would be one that is both thick and sneaky!
I think the Thick trait is a really nice idea - a very mild version of Bonehead, effectively. I'm not sure if I'd want to give it to all hobgobs, but it has potential.