Dwarf Change to save the little ones

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Dwarf Change to save the little ones

Post by legowarrior »

Crazy idea here: What if we took Dwarf Blockers and Chaos Dwarf Blockers, got rid of tackle and replaced them with Stand Firm? How would that alter the game play of the dwarfs?
I can see that it would make life a little easier for Amazons, Halflings, Goblins, Snotlings, and Skinks, but would it make the Dwarfs better/worse/about the same?

I'd love to hear from people with experience with dwarfs. I just play against them, nothing else.

Reason: ''
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Dwarf Change to save the little ones

Post by Daht »

It would make them MUCH more powerful against anyone else, and only a little better vs the dodgy teams

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Well this idea gets my vote.
Anything to alleviate the plight of the small tubby ones!

Would it be out of place to suggest getting rid of block as well! ;p

"In Dodge We Trust"
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Ditch block, give them all Wrestle instead!!! :o)

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Buggrit,
I've suggested that in the past.
I still think it would be awesome - but use the search function to check out the dwarven whining :o

But hey - this would help a lot: Check out number 4 on my annotated and edited version of Galaks Wishlist (tm)
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

That doesn't help my Skinks though. They still go splat.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

OMG, are you serious? Stand Firm is a compounding skill. Tackle is not. 2x Stand Firm is not a big deal (in fact, might be a small nerf), but 5+x Stand Firm on a rookie team is totally broken. You might instead consider adding a lino position (5/3/2/9 TS, G/ASP, 50k, or 60k with GS/AP) and making Blockers 0-4. This would not have a big effect on final rosters or hurt Dwarfs against bashies (in fact, it may help), but would seriously cut down on the beating that stunties took, as the team wouldn't be able to move in an extra Blocker out of reserves, cutting the total amount of Tackle by a third. Note, the big winner in this line of thinking (changing Dwarfs to soften up their anti-Stunty powers) isn't Stunty players, but Amazons.

Others have suggested that the best fix is a change to Right Stuff, to give it some anti-Tackle power. Personally, I think the best option there involves negating Tackle on dodges; the stunties should be leery of going head-to-head anyway, so the 75% knockdown isn't the real problem.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

That doesn't help my Skinks though.
I believe the 7 players stronger than dwarfs should be helping your skinks :lol:

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Indeed, Lizardmen already have a huge advantage against Dwarfs.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
mozza1967
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mozza1967 »

Right Stuff negating Tackle would be best for Flings, Gobbos and Snots

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

And Underworld (Pact too, to a lesser extent).

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Elves say yes... yeah get rid of the tackle. So cool not to have tackle... Sorry Gutter Runners did you cheer with the 6 positions (2 Wardancers and 4 Catchers) of the Wood Elves, 4 Pro Elf catchers and 2 Witch Elves and all the other elves who like dodge - Dragon warriors, Lion warriors and Dark and Pro Elf Blitzers. Is that human catchers I hear too, thinking life would be a lot easier without the runtundus ones with tackle. Ohh we can get quite an orchestra with gobblins, Halflings, snotlings and Skinks. Even the Slann will supply some thumbs of approval. Ghouls can grin, Amazons will laugh.

Oh yeah Dwarves without tackle would be awesome :lol: It's not like the above cringe when tackle is used.

Yeah get rid of tackle and you will pay :o

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lerchey »

I think I would prefer to "fix" dwarves (and chaos dwarves) by removing Block from the starting skills and leaving the cost as is. Tackle is the "anti-dodge" skill, which makes more sense if you keep in mind the ages old conflict between dwarves and elves.

Dwarves skill up pretty fast as it is as they are still good blockers (removing 1 not-fail result from the dice won't kill 'em, most starting line have NOTHING!), and are good at holding ground with tackle. As they skill up, you might see players picking between block and guard, rather than the kind of static guard, guard and more guard.

<shrug>

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

I think they are fine with Block and Tackle.

Hardcore players... if they could move. That 4329 stat line is not fantastic.

I must play them next year. I think having 13 players (9 Blockers, 2 Blitzers and 2 Berserkers) all with Mighty Blow will look scary.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

lerchey wrote:Tackle is the "anti-dodge" skill, which makes more sense if you keep in mind the ages old conflict between dwarves and elves.
Of which only Wardancers - out of all four elf teams - start with Dodge, compared to Tackle being on the Dwarves' most common player type. Little bit unfair? ;)

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)