Sneaky Git

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Sneaky Git

Post by duckwing »

What do you think of this addition to make sneaky git a bit more useful:

If this player gets sent of by the ref for any reason and the coach doesn't bribe the ref immediately the player can bribe a functionary to let him back into the reserve booth during set-up of the next drive. No roll is needed for the bribe to succeed but he may not be set up on the pitch for that drive.

Reason: ''
Praise Nuffle!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: Sneaky Git

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Nice idea, but far too good IMO. Especially for secret weapons it would mean you could play every drive. Even if you excluded secret weapons then for a Dirty Player SG means they can be sent off and all you lose is the remainder of the drive before they return. Against many teams that feels a bit too good.

I think SG could do with a boost, but this isn't it.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Galak/Ian have suggested being able to assist fouls while in a TZ.

Or how about this:
Roll a d6 for the SG when making KO recovery rolls. On a 6 he is moved to the reserves box.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

Maybe he manages to sneak back to the reserves on a roll of 4+ that may be made after using (or deciding not to use) any bribes. That would make it comparable to Regeneration.

Edit: I also like the suggestion of using Sneaky Git as a Guard for fouls.

Praise Nuffle!
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

DoubleSkulls wrote:Nice idea, but far too good IMO. Especially for secret weapons it would mean you could play every drive. Even if you excluded secret weapons then for a Dirty Player SG means they can be sent off and all you lose is the remainder of the drive before they return. Against many teams that feels a bit too good.

I think SG could do with a boost, but this isn't it.
I meant that you would loose the next drive as well.

Praise Nuffle!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

That's not as bad, but for example a goblin team could field all the SG SWs when receiving, score in T8 and get them all back for the start of the 2nd half. On a Deathroller I'd be taking SG ahead of Block.

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Why not just give Sneaky Git a straight +1 to the armor roll? Even if you get a sneaky git/dirty player combo, you're not going to get more than +2 on the armor.

Of course, in the interests of full disclosure, I sometimes run goblins in leagues and fouling feels a little underpowered to me at the moment.

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

DoubleSkulls wrote:That's not as bad, but for example a goblin team could field all the SG SWs when receiving, score in T8 and get them all back for the start of the 2nd half. On a Deathroller I'd be taking SG ahead of Block.
Yes... If you're lucky :)

I haven't passed a single regeneration roll for my khemri team in 11 matches (except for Hack Enslash, who got sent off anyway) so I hardly feel that 4+ is overpowered.

Praise Nuffle!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Maybe, I'm still a little wary though. The 4+ roll would need to be once per game (so you can play a 2nd drive, but not a 3rd or 4th).