Narrow Tiers and Galaks Wish List

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Narrow Tiers and Galaks Wish List

Post by Chris »

So you suggest
0-4 Vamps
0-2 Weres
0-2 Frankensteins
0-16 Thralls

It is an interesting line up (5th Undead team :) ). Potentially better in long run too.
What would be the theme?

I was made to see a twilight film the other week. I have no idea what people see in them.

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

They are crap, and I was joking ;)

How about if I reference Underworld though? Mmmm, Kate Beckinsale.... :smoking:

nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

Chris wrote:So you suggest
0-4 Vamps
0-2 Weres
0-2 Frankensteins
0-16 Thralls

It is an interesting line up (5th Undead team :) ). Potentially better in long run too.
What would be the theme?

I was made to see a twilight film the other week. I have no idea what people see in them.
I suggest it more as a trim from 4 to 3 and have this be the Necromantic team. No more Vampire team. Frankensteins = Flesh Golems.

It kills the cross over between Khemri and Undead and kills the crossover between Undead and Necromantic. I think it would be a good team, but it does still have to deal with Blood Lust and that Thralls are not as good as Zombies, albeit faster and more agile. You are essentially swapping Wights and Ghouls for Vampires and then Zombies for Thralls.

Also interesting is that I think that this might slow the development of the Werewolves a bit. Werewolves get force fed TDs early on, but with Vampires there it is more tempting to take the TD with the 4 AG, and so the WWs become more blitzer like in this build, instead of the current build where you have the wights and the WWs to play blitzer, with the WWs sharing ball carrier duties with the Ghouls. I think the Vamps become the ball carriers on this team.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

0-4 Vamps
0-2 Weres
0-2 Frankensteins
0-16 Thralls

What would be the theme?
Sometimes i just don't understand people, this team is TOTALLY overpowered, seriously. Vamps with ma 8 players and av 9 supreme line fodders ... i guess if you run out of thralls your'e in trouble but that is about it....

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I didn't think it nessecary to comment, merely to post the idea he was articulating... :)

But yes, power would be an issue. A sensible player with limit vamps to start with and build up over time once the others had improved to not fall afoul of the tv getting too high too fast and getting loses due to blood lust.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Anyways its sidetracking fast so i will shut up again ;)

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

Tourach wrote:
0-4 Vamps
0-2 Weres
0-2 Frankensteins
0-16 Thralls

What would be the theme?
Sometimes i just don't understand people, this team is TOTALLY overpowered, seriously. Vamps with ma 8 players and av 9 supreme line fodders ... i guess if you run out of thralls your'e in trouble but that is about it....
It might be. This was just a first stab. Potential spots for adjustment...move the Vamps to 0-2 and make the trrs 70k

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Shteve0,
I'm glad you like the NTBB project :D

And I appriciate your ideas, but honestly, they don't much fit what I'm trying to do. Not to say that they're bad. I've got a ton of ideas myself on how to make rosters more interesting. Trust me. I ran a heavily roster-house ruled league for a good many years. Maybe I should start an alternative project CRP (Crazy Rules from Plasmoid) :lol:.

NTBB is me traying to restrain myself. It's about neccessary and minimal changes.

This is also why I couldn't do an Amazon Team like you suggest - even though I quite like your line-up (just like Tourach does). 8)

Now, about my amazons - I don't think the wrestle swap will ruin them. But it will delay their power, and I think that is neccessary. Other than that, like you, I look forward to the playtest.

I agree that the thrower is sort of an I'll fit for amazons. But I don't agree that the catcher is. When playing a running game, I think hand-off options are a valid choice. Especially a hand-off option that is just 1 skill away from blodge. So I don't think the catchers are redundant. Bland, sure. Redundant, nope. I see it like this: If you could ever imagine taking catch on anyone (for the standard 20K), then the catcher starts out with a 6 SPP bonus (which by the way only increases as she skills up further).

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

I don't like wrestle for amazon blitzers either. I probably would not use the team at all if you did that.

I would let the blitzers keep block but maybe give the linos fend instead of dodge.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Koadah,
I would let the blitzers keep block but maybe give the linos fend instead of dodge.
I know that not everyone likes amazons as all-dodge. Me, I think it's their defining trait. If they don't have that, then what are they. I'd rather just scratch the team. And I don't think lots of blodge is what breaks them. It's lots of blodge so early on in development.
I don't like wrestle for amazon blitzers either. I probably would not use the team at all if you did that.
Fair enough.
I just have a supremely hard time seeing the team going from borderline broken to completely useless with a skill switch (a switch, mind you, between 2 reasonably similar skills)

But you don't have to like them :wink:
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

It wouldn't break them - but having no block would mean a slower development and damage their mobility (move 6 players on the ground each turn no fun), though the latter point could be addressed with jump up as part of the starting build like the norse.

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

plasmoid wrote: But you don't have to like them :wink:
Eh? A lot of people like them now. You'll have to consider that if you want support for your rules. ;)

If you give the whole team A access then that becomes their defining trait.

Without block they're not going to do as much damage early so with AV7 are more likely to end up sort handed.

Maybe it's better to only take away dodge from the blitzers

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

koadah wrote:
Eh? A lot of people like them now. You'll have to consider that if you want support for your rules. ;)
Do they? I'm yet to meet one ;)

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

garion wrote:
koadah wrote:
Do they? I'm yet to meet one ;)
I like em a lot better than the suggestions so far. ;)

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

In a thread i've started someone came with the idea of only allowing two blitzers for Dark Elves teams to make them less dominant at higher TV. Is this a good idea? I myself first thought of moving Agility-skills to doubles for linemen, but it seems to be too much for what i've heard. The fact that all DE has 4 in agility still keeps them "elfish" enough as far as i'm concerned. What do you say?

Goldbaek is my hero