Narrow Tiers and Galaks Wish List

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Narrow Tiers and Galaks Wish List

Post by plasmoid »

Greetings everyone,
the rules presented below are an attempt to provide a more evenly competitive game than what the LRB6/CRP manages (and intends) to create. with LRB6/CRP established and official, the rules of Blood Bowl will not change for quite a while, so this is to be regarded as no more than house rules, inspiration or simply material for a philosophical discussion.
For the casual reader it is worth pointing out that my intention is not to make Blood Bowl blander - quite the opposite in fact.

The rules come in 2 parts:
*The first is a small rules pack (8 rules) intended to curb the power of straight bash, which is arguably dominating the current BB environment. The rules are based on Galak Starscrapers infamous wish list, but has been modified after some discussion with both Galak and Ian of the former BBRC. The rules weaken piling on, tightens the TV-cap, but also improves fouling to not suddenly make this elven finesse-bowl.
*The second is a list of modifiactions to just under half of the existing rosters.
Orcs, Wood Elfs, Undead and Dwarfs are slightly nerfed. Humans, Khemri and Vampires receive a minor buff, while Goblins, Halflings and Ogres get a substantial buff. The sub-standard teams will still be in the bottom of the power hierarchy, but by a smaller margin.

The intention of these rules is not to remove the tiers entirely. Rather it is to narrow the tiers considerably, making this version of Blood Bowl more generally competitive than the official CRP rules. This is a game after all, and games are fun when they are close fought. I get that some people love the challenge that the sub standard teams provide, but it is my opinion that such a challenge can easily be provided by a handicapping system, without restricting good coaches to playing the same few teams.

Enjoy
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm

Reason: ''
Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Pug
Legend
Legend

Re: Narrow Tiers and Galaks Wish List

Post by Pug »

Right...I'm going to settle in for a read!...

"In Dodge We Trust"
Scally09
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scally09 »

Had a good look through, it seems fairly good. I like the changes to the humans. I have a question about the orcs though, if you replace the throwers with goblins will the team then have access to 6 goblins?

Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

After a first (quick) read: why do Halfling Dryad Throwers get acces to General skills? That doesn't feel right.

Thanks for trying to improve our game. You're doing a great job!

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Just off from first glance:

:o Mummies with long term G access. I fail to see how that's a nerf.

Of all the teams in the game I'd say Zons top the list of nerf and you've got them listed under no change.

Lunchab1es
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lunchab1es »

Da_Great_MC wrote:After a first (quick) read: why do Halfling Dryad Throwers get acces to General skills? That doesn't feel right.
burgun824 wrote:Just off from first glance:

:o Mummies with long term G access. I fail to see how that's a nerf.
These are my gut concerns... I can't quite put my finger on it, but the Dryad thrower just feels out of place. As for the mummies...it does seem like a short term nerf, long term boost.

I would certainly be willing to play test in a league with those rules though. I do love the stunties.

Looking for: 5th ed Human Thrower #2
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

1} Not too sure on this yet...

2} Like the +1 to fouls...agree only if player doing so is not in TZ.

3} Yup good idea...that's just enough

4} Oh yeah! thumbs up.

5} Give me time...trying to work out pro/con on this...

6} Yup...a slight tweek, but like you said, down to Commisioners really.

7} Ok, I can see the point...50/50 to me.

8} Fireball change?...leave as is...can be damp squib or Nuclear bomb....let it ride!

NTBB.pdf

Tier 0
Dwarves - Yup fine with changes
Orc - Interesting, wouldn't upset me with the change.
Undead - Fine...although not played with undead that much
Wood Elf - ............................... :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: BURN THEM ALL!!

Tier 1
Yarp. Leave be.

Tier 2
Humans - No problem there.
Khemri - As above
Vampires - Like the Thrall upgrade.
Underworld - No problems.

Tier 3
Goblin - Holy Cow extra Troll!...OK, It'll cheer up Glowworm at least..I'm game.
Halflings - x2 Dryads? No, not really for me...AV 7, PLEASE GODS YES!! :o :o :wink: :orc:
Ogres - Works out alright in my head.

Brettonian team? Thought they were to posh to play and thus hired other humans and dressed them up in their house colours!!

OK CRP2...Where do I sign??..! :D

"In Dodge We Trust"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

[Moved to House Rules, as it will confuse some people]

No comment from me, as I feel the whole endeavour is flawed.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

I am comfortable with all changes except the block undead mummies !

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Unless the bbrf or some such is reborn this will go nowhere, but on the whole I like. I would remove str access on Dwarf linemen as well.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tzoscey »

1. i'd prefer the "no mods option" with piling on.

2. as a 3rd player, i see it right xD modified by TZ as a block modifies ST

3. ok, so sneaky git will be more useful than now

4. i don't like it. i see new mutant gutter runners class, inmortal goblin xD

5. i like this idea, i would rise to 150K

6. i dont mind this one. i don't see how it change the game, 5 points up or down

7. i dont care about it

8. they removed the toad spell, now lightning; i see the next step is remove the mage option. i prefer the two actual options, for individuals or cages.

ogres are good as they are, but no big change. human catchers 8 Av ok, so they should move 1 mov less. 80k human blitzers no way xD
khemri , the changes are no gamebreakers, so ok.
snotlings with movement 6, dodging 2+, no tackle affected... puffff too much for a single revision

goblins get the 3rd troll with inducement starplayers so i dont see the thing in this; 3rd "easy" block in the defense line? getting more option in throwing goblins?
flings at 7Av, well, it seems good enough ... driads? wth?
vampire ... ok no game breaker
slayer for juggernaut... it seems that fits with them
fending wardancers, so with a upgrade you will get a fend blodger xD weaker at first games, stronger later
orc thrower removed? so you want to remove the weaker positional, the only one than gives them another option from bashing? i don't see it.
block mummies ... a back step from others good revision

another idea... put wrestle on AGility range ability

One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

1. Assuming that your assumption of bash being overpowered is correct then this is the right solution, for me. A 22% across-the-board reduction in pitch removal for AVs 7, 8 and 9 vs POMB(C) means that the balance is maintained while having no effect on either MB or claw. Gobbos do a bit worse (16% reduction) but the Right Stuff helps them out a lot with this.

2. Like it. I also like Galak's option as this will mean it's not an excessive boost, and the "nerf" to PO above is quite enough anyway.

3. Good change.

4. Like this one.

5. Dear God please yes! :D

6. Again, yes!

7. YES!

8. No. Having a wizard at all will rely on having either a full bank and then some, or on having inducements. They are unreliable enough as they are.

My suggestions:
Khemri - Reduce RR cost to 50k.
Human - Catchers, 0-2 8247 Dodge Catch 80k

Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

The Bank rule will totally mess up the 600k Halfling starting build. Maybe the Bank rule should only come into effect at a certain TV level?

I don't think the right stuff/tackle rule will make unkillable stunty players, as they're are still ST2 AV7 with no normal access to block with the equivalent to a niggling injury. Norse teams and teams with a lot of block with still cause a lot of pain. Plus tackle still affects dodging.

I don't see how easy access to Block Mummies is progressive, though by starting them with Grab the chance of block, frenzy Mummies is gone. Give them Grab and a price reduction, no general access.

Really like the mods to the Slayers and Wardancers. Makes them a little less scary at low TV without any long term nerf.

Don't know about getting rid of the Orc Throwers, mainly as there are some nice models out there that would lose a home! Maybe change them to runners? Plus I never thought Orcs needed any nerfs.

With regard to the Vampire mods, I like them, but instead of Thick Skull on the Thrall I always thought Blood Lust injury rolls should have a -1 modifier.

Oh and I never understood why Human Blitzers were 90k when their Orc counterparts were only 80k given movement and armour are given the same price for a stat increase.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

The question is does it work?
Also, I like most of the ideas, maybe one day we can test them on FUMBBL.

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

Keep Snotlings MA 5 but make them AV 6.