Deathball for perpetual CRP

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Deathball for perpetual CRP

Post by mepmuff »

Ok, so we decided to play 4-way finals for our current BB season instead of regular play-offs. For this purpose I dug up the Citadel Journal Deathball rules by John Bridegroom and made some alterations.

Personally I have never played deathball, so some changes might be wise. I'm hoping there is experience in this area among you and that with your advice it can be made into a suitable version. I've marked changes with italics and the colour red The thing I'm most uncertain about is the amount of winnings. It's hard for me to imagine what kind of loss in player value the teams will suffer thoughout this match.

Death Bowl

Death Bowl is played on a specially designed pitch (crossroads) with four teams. There is no kick off as the ball is placed in one of the four center squares (chosen randomly). The end zones are marked in gray. To score you must get a standing model with the ball into the end zone directly across from you own. The first team to score wins. Roll a D6 to see whom goes first and continue clockwise from there. It’s a mad rush for the ball and Nuffle help the poor creature that gets it!

Team Rating

Removed this restriction.

Assisting a Block

Once a player declares a block, and only after he declares it, any opposing players in a position to assist may do so if they want to. (All’s fair in love and Blood Bowl!)

Cards

Each team gets one Dirty Trick. No other cards are used in the Death Bowl.

Inducements

Inducements are picked in descending order of Team Value.

Gate

Each team rolls for the gate as normal. Then all four rolls are added together for the final total.

Healing

No apothecaries, healing scrolls or regeneration are allowed in a Death Bowl. "Who needs all that pansy elf-crap, just don’t die in the first place!" – coach for the 2493 Death Bowl champions.

Referees

There are no referees in the Old World crazy enough to set foot in a Death Bowl. The only referee to ever step into a Death Bowl was killed by the fans before the first play! No penalties are ever called (except illegal procedures).

Winners

The winner of the Death Bowl receives 300,000gps plus the gate in gold, as well as the reward of being able to say "Hey, I won a Death Bowl!" and watch all the other teams in the league run and cower in their dugout!

Fan Factor

All teams get a permanent +1 to their Fan Factor in addition to the normal roll.

Losers and Ties

Losers receive the gate in gold and must roll on the following table. If the game ends in a four-way tie, all teams must roll on this table. (Hey, next time win!)

1D6 Result

1-2: The team is able to make it off the field and go into hiding long enough for the fans to forget about the loss. No effect.
3-4: The NFC finds out about the teams participation in the Death Bowl and fine them 300,000gps that must be paid before any further winnings can be applied to the team.
5-6: The fans catch the team before they could make it off the field and teach them a lesson about losing! Make an injury roll for every player still on the pitch. (changed from: The entire team is killed. DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!)

Reason: ''
Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: Deathball for perpetual CRP

Post by JaM »

Í've played a Deathbowl match once. great fun to end a season.

TV: just make sure you have 'good' teams. you could rule out all mng-injuries, something like "your team really wants to play so they make sure all players are in good heath'. Perhaps use some gold to pay for medication ?
Niggles and all should still apply but you should be able to go with the whole team, injured or not. Adds to the fun and to the big big game deathbowl really is.

dont kill off the entire team, but penalties when losing should be there. DB isnt for the faint of heart, you win or you lose. and if you lose you lose badly. this makes sure every player/team does their very very best.

you could see if the teams that lose will also lose players, their super stars for example... instead of 300K of gold. I dont know how much gold the teams have atm, and how high their TV is.

TV: 2000 is good enough (old TR 200). If you have a lot less, I am not sure how things will go. but if the team is fast enough they might pull it off.
We had teams ranging from 190 to 220 IIRC. Loads of fun (talking TR here).

Mind that the DB field is a space smaller (narrower) than a normal BB field IIRC. It's not 2 boards stacked atop one another.

Have fun ! :D

Reason: ''